• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is College easier than High School?

Sandy

Smash Champion
The college I was looking at forces you to join the Corps if you live on campus. I'm not really into becoming "Army Strong". I'll probably end up commuting. But it's a 45 minute drive from my house.

jdironfist

Smash Cadet
College is much harder than high school. I took six AP classes total, had a part time job, was in three plays, led a band, helped with youth at my church, etc., so high school wasn't a complete joke for me. But college hit, and I'm getting a reality check. I'm majoring in math (with some physics on the side) at UC Berkeley, and the classes are all hard.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
The college I was looking at forces you to join the Corps if you live on campus. I'm not really into becoming "Army Strong". I'll probably end up commuting. But it's a 45 minute drive from my house.
You know, some people just have their parents sign off as them living at home and then they live near the college in an apartment. I'm sure this would be a lot easier for you. Trust me, commuting is really time consuming. I did it all four years of college. You'd be able to focus more on school if you were closer, and of course, you'd have more of a college social life.

drcossack

Smash Ace
You know, some people just have their parents sign off as them living at home and then they live near the college in an apartment. I'm sure this would be a lot easier for you. Trust me, commuting is really time consuming. I did it all four years of college. You'd be able to focus more on school if you were closer, and of course, you'd have more of a college social life.
QFT. While my schedule allows me to be on campus for most of the day, it really isn't the same thing.

And another thing, anybody here think they are the best Smash Player at their school? lol, I think I might be. One day I might host a tournament at my school and take all their money
I know I am, lol. I proved it in 2006 when there was a tourney hosted - ended up winning. Was an interesting format though: Single elimination to Final Four, then it was a FFA*. Can't remember if that ended up determining the matchups for the semifinals and finals though.

*Which was probably the hardest part of the tournament. I was being targeted by everyone else during it, but I ended up being the last man standing. My Marth ended up dominating a Pikachu.

Foxhound 3857

Smash Cadet
College doesn't hold your hand; you have to be able to fend for yourself. You have to be able to set enough time on the side for studying (I make it a minimum of three hours per class), take notes while studying, pay attention in class (and actually show up), and actually show an interest to make it through. College has far more expanse resources to utilize for your studies, and often College will teach you things that you'll wish they taught you in High School; lord knows I felt that way after my English-50 class.

The instructors are also FAR better than what you had in High School. They explain everything thoroughly, answer any questions (even though that can be considered bizarre) and are willing to sit down with you and make sure that you have a solid grip on the material. However, YOU have to be willing to listen to them; that's the only way you're going to learn. You learn nothing by skipping class and very little by staring at the ceiling.

I myself am majoring in Mathematics with some Computer Science (Interface Design and 3D-Max)on the side, and not one of my classes is easy; they all require a devotion of time and effort to get into. Currently i'm working on a transfer to Calstate, so Math-90 (Algebra III) is next on my list; hopefully i'll be able to get into Math-105 (College Algebra, or Algebra IV), and Math-119 (Linear Functions, Matrix Operations, etc...) before my transfer.

A suggestion; NEVER take two classes that require additional time to study together, such as Mathematics and Spanish, or any other foreign language class. It's a bad idea; trust me.

Top Bottom