• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Charzard even good?

jollypong

Smash Cadet
I like using Pokemon trainer for squirtle and ivysaur but I dont think charizard is that good. Is there any combos or techniques I can use for charizard?

Spirst

Charizard's nair is decent for cover and can be stringed together though not in any true combo fashion. His rock smash is amazing in this game so make use of that for approaches. His fair is a good gimping tool and his dthrow is good for KOs at high percents. This game is pretty much dead and never had combos so you won't be finding any. Especially not for a big character like Charizard.

Purple_Anteater

Smash Cadet
Charizard is pretty different from those two other characters. I like him the most though. I play Char in Smash 4, and in Brawl he might be better IMO. He's like the "finisher" character of the three, he lives longer thanks to being heavier and having a better recovery than the other two. But he is much slower, so you'll need to make reads to get your hits in. Luckily almost all of his attacks are kill moves at high %. Use the other two pokemon to rack up percent and when they get fatigued switch out to Charizard for the kill.

Top Bottom