• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Captain Falcon a hard counter to MK?

heliface

Smash Cadet
He has greater range, seems to be faster, and his moves have less ending lag than mk. Also his grab has more range. I can never get close, and if i try air game i just get juggled.

Any tips would be appreciated.

busken

Smash Ace
Can you please not post character specific match up thought? It's almost impossible to not see the match up thread, so please ask any questions there. If everybody would do what you did, information would be disorganized and hard to find.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Can you please not post character specific match up thought? It's almost impossible to not see the match up thread, so please ask any questions there. If everybody would do what you did, information would be disorganized and hard to find.
Meta Knight board seems to be lacking a MU thread.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
:{ I just made one sorry :{
I think we learned a lesson here. :p In either case, just so we don't feel like we're ignoring the OPer...

I don't believe CF is a hard counter. MK can get in and do some damage in, but he has to not give CF any momentum. MK's approaches are a bit more safe then CF's (especially when we're counting the neutral game).

avoid recklessly doing the the shuttle loop. A missed shuttle loop is a free knee to CF. I would also be careful of using the drill bounce (when you drill to the ground) against him unless it hits. Reason why is that it sets you up for a nasty punish of a forward smash, falcon kick, raptor boost, up smash, and so on (and a 50/50 chance of reading where you land with a Falcon Punch).

when you get him off the stage, nair is a good edgeguard tool, as well as backairs. If you see him recovering low and you're on FD (non walls) or Battlefield-like stage, try to get behind him and backair him towards the wall.

That's about all I got for him. I reccommand you go to the thread Busken made so there's more discussion about it.

Top Bottom