• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Botw too big for some people?

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
As an adult I always wanted a Big open world Zelda game like GTASA. But as an adult I just can't enjoy my time sitting down with the game. I feel likes it's just too big and to much of a grind.

Like half the time I don't know what to do or what I want to do

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Haven't played BoTW so I can't speak for it specifically, but I've always been critical of the idea of open world and non-linear gameplay as an "objective upgrade" or "the future of gaming". There's just as much room for linear games as there is for non-linear. I've seen people ask for non-linear Crash Bandicoot games - you know, the series that's whole gameplay identity comes from it's linearity? Open-world Sonic games have been another weird request: Sonic games are all about speed - whether that be gaining speed or just being given speed - so why would you want that in a gameplay style that promotes meticulous exploration and discourages finding a specific end goal?

Flying_pan

Smash Rookie
Try looking online for walkthroughs although they do tend to spoil the game to only if you're ina pinch

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
It's not that big. It's the same size as all of the other Switch games, like maybe 1"x1.5" or so? If anything it's too small; it's a choking hazard even with the bitter taste.

Top Bottom