• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is beating up a random noob fun?

Is beating up a random noob fun?

• Total voters

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
For strategic reasons I always play down to the level of the person I am battling. The fewer techniques, tendencies, tricks, and combos I can display in a match, the less my opponents know about my game. Also, it's pretty satisfying to be just one or two steps ahead at all times, to know that you control the match fully, even though it looks pretty even.

Really, I look at playing with weaker players a chance to better solidify tactics and practice concepts like spacing, timing, reading, punishing, etc.

socandrewcer

Smash Lord
NNID
socandrewcer
3DS FC
1220-8504-8308
Most noobs talk like they're big stuff because they've never been beaten by any of their friends. Those are the ones I love to dominate!

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Personally, I'd take as much pleasure in doing it as I would fighting/beating an experienced player. Yes, I would hold back a bit and give them a chance, but I wouldn't be apologetic if I won, since it just means that the person in question just needs to practice a bit more. Hey, I'd even give a few pointers and words of encouragement during and after the match just to help.

That being said, the sadist in me does get excited at the thought of absolutely destroying someone without much work, so eh.

I actually think that one of the Polls should read, "Meh, I don't really care," since like with what I've said in the above, it isn't always so black and white.

But I shall Vote, "Hell Yeah," since a battle is still a battle no matter the Skill Level.

Top Bottom