• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is beating up a random noob fun?

Is beating up a random noob fun?

• Total voters

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
We've all seen noobie players in basic brawl who pick up fight for no reason, and some of us will try to torture them as harsh as possible, the question is, would you rather continually kicking his or her ass, or just leave and find another server?

I personally think that if they don't mess with you, you shouldn't mess with them.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I say it depends if they did anything to spite you, then it could be in fun. When I go against someone in BB like a Down-B Pikachu/Kirby, I handicap myself to give them more of a chance, and to me it makes it fun. I personally don't like one-sided fights.

PIKA321

Smash Apprentice
Dude it's a fighting game, if they came to BB even though they are noobs they want to fight (or taunt party which is kinda boring.) I say in every fight play your best no matter who your opponent is.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
Eh, it's just BB, though. I just use it for when I want to fool around time to time, but not to the point of Taunt Parties. Team Battles and Friend Code Brawls are the one I try my best in.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Well, I had an experience in bb when I was a noob, and I pick up a fight with someone, but after getting my ass kicked bunch of time, I call for a stop, but that *** just continually beating me, even if I crouch in the corner, and it was a really painful experience, so now, whenever in bb if someone choose to ignore me if I attack, I will just give up fighting them.

The only reason I loose in bb is if I just use random characters.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Well, it depends really. I don't mind beating up a total scrub on Basic Brawl. I think I do enjoy it, actually, regardless of their skill level. It's also funny when you can just sense the rage by how their attack patterns change, whether spamming smashes, spamming Fair's, etc.

I'm just gonna go with: "Hell yeah!".

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Lol, I know some guy or girl on bb who I pissed offed, and she start using pikachu, and all he/she do is spamming down-bs. And if we just ignore him/her, she start to use her neutral-b and it was ****ing annoying.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
What? People actually play Basic Brawl? Why don't you do something more fun and interesting like watch paint dry?

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Hopefully they will make bb better in the next smash boards.

What? People actually play Basic Brawl? Why don't you do something more fun and interesting like watch paint dry?
Is watching paint dry really that lame?

Bluekandy

Smash Journeyman
Oh jeez Mento, basic brawl is kinda like a lottery. Mostly crap but you can meet some good people on there. Hell, I went from a total noob to a decent player in a year of Basic Brawling, because for 9200 matches and one year, I played almost all basic brawl. I even learned a lot from people on there. XD

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
BB maybe helped you, but it never helped me, I once was a noob who spam up-bs and think I'm the best player in the world, but then, I got owned by a decent player, then I went to YouTube to search for a solution, then I realize how suckie as a player I am, now, I'm the decent player, teaching noobs lessons.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
They do. Can the spam about how bad basic brawl is please stop, it's not on topic of the thread.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I know a couple guys who are really into specator mode. They've watched like thousands of matches. Be more like them.
Oh and on the relevant topic, let's consider someone who is new to the scene and not very good "a random noob". They are not fun to play against because they don't understand how the game is played in competitive setting and provide no challenge or anything for you to improve on. You still should play against them and give them advice to make them better. If they ignore your advice there is no hope for them.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I literally only beat up on people who won't leave me alone in BB. That's not to say I just taunt party or anything. What I mean is, you have a person who does nothing for a second, then comes up to you and spams smashes (this happens mostly to me from links). Then if you retaliate, they get frustrated and try to do more smashes to troll you and if they get the kill, they taunt and keep going. Or on the other hand, you predict everything and destroy them and then something gives you the inkling that they're angry.

Those people? I don't actually mind wailing on, to show them that there's more to the game than that and yes, they can get better and I WANT them to get better.

However, when it's a person who'll see what you do for a bit or actually kind of 'ask' you first to battle, I love those people. I love showing them tips and tricks, I love battling them because it feels like a good time rather than someone bashing their head in to a brick wall, and I actually don't mind getting beaten up by said people (and hey, for that matter they're usually the people who I get the vibe from that they're not bothered by losing either).

This is the premise for my friendship with a certain aussie Lucario on BB. Yeah he spams rolls, yeah he could be better but he knows it already and he's just in it for the fun: When we meet our fi8rst reactions are usually to show the other new tips and tricks we've learnt and then maybe have a match and hey, from the amount of time we've played, he is the only casual player I know who has an even record with me from my transition between casual to competitive. Like, to me this guy is just the perfect online player. Fun to play with, not over-bearing.

So, yeah, that's my stance haha. :p

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Well, I had an experience in bb when I was a noob, and I pick up a fight with someone, but after getting my *** kicked bunch of time, I call for a stop, but that *** just continually beating me, even if I crouch in the corner, and it was a really painful experience, so now, whenever in bb if someone choose to ignore me if I attack, I will just give up fighting them.

The only reason I loose in bb is if I just use random characters.
I have read this post like 4 times now and I still can't completely understand it.

Best thread of the year would read again/10.

Angiance

Smash Lord
Best way to play basic brawl - Main Pikachu, have everyone team on you, and beat them all consistantly, so fulfilling ^-^

<has no life to speak of

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
I know a couple guys who are really into specator mode. They've watched like thousands of matches. Be more like them.
Oh and on the relevant topic, let's consider someone who is new to the scene and not very good "a random noob". They are not fun to play against because they don't understand how the game is played in competitive setting and provide no challenge or anything for you to improve on. You still should play against them and give them advice to make them better. If they ignore your advice there is no hope for them.
What's so fun about spectating?

I literally only beat up on people who won't leave me alone in BB. That's not to say I just taunt party or anything. What I mean is, you have a person who does nothing for a second, then comes up to you and spams smashes (this happens mostly to me from links). Then if you retaliate, they get frustrated and try to do more smashes to troll you and if they get the kill, they taunt and keep going. Or on the other hand, you predict everything and destroy them and then something gives you the inkling that they're angry.

Those people? I don't actually mind wailing on, to show them that there's more to the game than that and yes, they can get better and I WANT them to get better.

However, when it's a person who'll see what you do for a bit or actually kind of 'ask' you first to battle, I love those people. I love showing them tips and tricks, I love battling them because it feels like a good time rather than someone bashing their head in to a brick wall, and I actually don't mind getting beaten up by said people (and hey, for that matter they're usually the people who I get the vibe from that they're not bothered by losing either).

This is the premise for my friendship with a certain aussie Lucario on BB. Yeah he spams rolls, yeah he could be better but he knows it already and he's just in it for the fun: When we meet our fi8rst reactions are usually to show the other new tips and tricks we've learnt and then maybe have a match and hey, from the amount of time we've played, he is the only casual player I know who has an even record with me from my transition between casual to competitive. Like, to me this guy is just the perfect online player. Fun to play with, not over-bearing.

So, yeah, that's my stance haha. :p
I'm always those kind of person who asked others to battle, the problem is, even if I call for quit, some **** will still keep attacking me on purpose.

I have read this post like 4 times now and I still can't completely understand it.

Best thread of the year would read again/10.
What's that?

Hell Yeah its fun!

I've never been in a taunt room, but when i do, i'll kick everyone's butt!
You sound like a pretty good player.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
GangsterPuff, can you please stop posting multiple times in a row

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Best way to play basic brawl - Main Pikachu, have everyone team on you, and beat them all consistantly, so fulfilling ^-^

<has no life to speak of
I love how frustrated those noobs are when they ate a down-b in the face. XD

GangsterPuff, can you please stop posting multiple times in a row
Oh sorry, just getting a little excited, cause this is my first thread to get so many replies, I'll STFU

Vale

Smash Ace
I usually just mess around online, on the basis that I would probably lose anyway. If one person is spamming taunts, I tend to leave them alone.

[Corn]

Smash Ace
Online no, literally anything can happen online, hell its more luck based on who has the better connection.

Offline, depends, Ive met many a smasher who had it in their minds that they were very good, but were surprised when they see how Ice Climbers play, bonus points if they act like a baby when they lose after talking smack.

Ceasar

Banned via Warnings
Not particularly, since most of them do not know what they're doing. I actually enjoy playing with people who can easily beat me, or with people I can have close games with.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Not really, considering that we all were n00bs once. Don't lie, when came out SSB when you were a kid, you were terrible. And there is no real challenge in beating up on new players.

GangsterPuff

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gpuff
3DS FC
1289-9497-1235
Not really, considering that we all were n00bs once. Don't lie, when came out SSB when you were a kid, you were terrible. And there is no real challenge in beating up on new players.
I think you typed something wrong, but yeah, everyone's a noob once, unless you watch 50million smash videos on YouTube first. XD

Not particularly, since most of them do not know what they're doing. I actually enjoy playing with people who can easily beat me, or with people I can have close games with.
I think you read the title wrong.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I agree with Luco. I actually gained most of my skill by battling other players in basic brawl. I often pay close attention to how players fight, practice those moves and strategies in the online waiting room, and use what I've learned in later fights. If one strategy isn't working, I'll use another.

As far as beating up random noobs I've seen online goes, I find it quite boring, but I still hope they get better one way or another. If they can't get skill by using the Single player training mode, or fighting CPUs in multiplayer offline, I'm hoping they figure it out the same way I did.

Another thing, on basic brawl I've often lost to players I can normally beat, or often have close games with, because noobs get in my way. It's happend to me many times, and it's frustrating, so I'm overjoyed to take it all out on the noobs if the player I was fighting leaves.

igotnolife

Smash Rookie
ive been wondering , but is there like an unwritten code for bb? like the single jab is an initiative for a match with someone?
on the note of the thread topic, i find it fun unless the other players start to gang up on the guy, then i feel bad. if that was me id lose all faith in the game

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
ive been wondering , but is there like an unwritten code for bb? like the single jab is an initiative for a match with someone?
on the note of the thread topic, i find it fun unless the other players start to gang up on the guy, then i feel bad. if that was me id lose all faith in the game
No there is no written code but there are signals like as you mentioned the single jabbing for 1 on 1 fights, there also used to be a duck-duck-jump signal for something, IIRC it was for letting others know you were from smashboards. But that's useless now just cause there are so many casuals that learn to copy what you do. Your best bet is to just look for someone decent and go up to them with a jab.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
If someone is goofing around, not really doing much, I'll leave them be.
Usually so they don't have a vengeance with me later.
Though if they start focusing their attention on me, you can bet I'll be switching to MK/Pikachu just to teach them why making people angry isn't funny.

TheFalconist

Smash Rookie
Yea but you know sand bagging is also a sign of disrespect. Besides, with each ass whooping noobs get better over time. (I know my profile says im a noob but I have been playing for awhile). Maybe completely destroying an opponent is bad but at least don't make it look too easy you know?

Top Bottom