• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone seriously going to main this guy or what?

Red Kirby

Smash Cadet
Like, what could Robs moveset possibly be? I bet it'll be pretty **** weak. Like, I wanna know, who is really going to main him? He looks weak and I couldnt possibly think of a cool/strong moveset for him.

Like, what pro is going to use this guy? Maybe Azen but he uses everyone. I dunno, he just seems like a Pichu* to me. So I wanna know, who is going to main this new, wierd edition to Brawl?

*a character no one really uses

Aerialist

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I though the same thing the first time I played as Mr. Game & Watch. He's the the New Game & Watch, just a trophy character from the N's history.

finalark

SNORLAX
.... I'll give him a shot, laugh it off then use him as a punching bag.

Sakarai, I respect you, but come on, two wtf characters*?

* G & W

neoREgen

Smash Journeyman
I may. I'm pretty thrilled about R.O.B.
But we haven't seen much of his moveset yet, so who knows...

Icetrash

Smash Journeyman
ROB along with Toon Link didnt give me that WOW factor that all the other newcomers have given me. They are boring, what can I say. Ill probably try him once, and even if he has a uber moveset I still will not use him ever again. Playing a robot just isnt me, unless if it is Ray...=]

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I just saw a video of one of his projectiles and it looks pretty dam cool. It's a beam that seems to travel through characters and hit horizontally. Pretty awesome projetile. Way cooler than Fox's which stops at its first target.

metalink007

Smash Rookie
i am going to main him i love robot so much he is the best character ever and he is not the new G&W he is completely different and better

i love him so much!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
lol ROB was epic in that video. Laser ftw.

I would main him if I hadnt already decided on my mains. Ive got to main Olimar, Lucario, WW Link and Wolf. I will use ROB alot though.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Perhaps this video will show you why many will warm up to him soon OP:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pLJ7gKOG3-Q
Quoted for truth!

He looks awesome!

None of these videos are doing justice to any of the characters, these people broadcasting suck.

I'm sure when people like us get our hands on the game, some epic **** is going to go down. :D

Yaifrog

Smash Rookie
Number Five is Alive!

I'm going to main Number Fi... ROB for a few reasons. First, he's extremely unique and a great addition to the roster. Second, he looks like a really great character, and will almost definately be really fun to play with. Finally, he reminds me of one of the greatest movie personalities of all time (if you haven't seen 'Short Circuit' then you haven't lived!).

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
From what I've seen as of now, his moves are:

B: Laser
>B: Some sort of spin
VB: ???
^B: Rocket Boost

He also looks pretty fast.

ROB for top tier!

PltnmNgl

Smash Journeyman
I've decided that he is going to be my doubles main. SpeedSk8r (playing as GAW) and I are Team "Waste of Space" lol...

Plus, he's my "Megaman." Lol...

Wizard99

Smash Journeyman
I will use him if he's good, but there's no way to really know until the game comes stateside. Otherwise Lucario!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
waste of a caracter spot IMO >.> mewtwo is MUCH more deserving what has R.O.B done other then kart race and some other pointless things. While mewtwo apeared in the last smash and had a totally fresh moveset.AHHHHHHHHH!!! i cant explain my anger but so I dont go crazy...... have fun all you robot mainers :)

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ROB's moves are as fallows:

B - Laser

B> - Spinning Move thing

BV - Gyro Launch

B^ - Jet

that 1 guy

Smash Ace
I am probably not going to main him, but I can't wait to beat people with him just so they feel like crap. I mean even if he is good nobody will want to lose to ROB. I must be a bad person. oh well

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's decided. Hes a main of mine.

Well, Ive decided, after seeing his videos, his FS (which does so much damage! 148%???? crazy!!) and the general way he plays (Jetpack, what a huge jump..with such great control..)

That Im going to main....

1. Olimar - This will NOT change. Ever.

2. Lucario

3. R.O.B (Spot was previously occupied by Wolf, but a friend of mine who I play with alot demanded that he be able to main Wolf, and we dont play as the same characters, at least with our mains.)

4. Sigh.. this Im not sure of.. its either Diddy or Marth or Snake... Leaning towards Snake. I love uniqueness in characters..

Ill see you on Wifi you soulless R.O.B. haters!

Kaelar

Smash Rookie
I'll absolutely be maining this dude. The past two games were lacking in robot representation, and since Ray didn't make it into Brawl, R.O.B. shall serve as an acceptable substitute. ;)

Ztarfish

Smash Journeyman
He looks much too awkward to be a main. I'll use him, but definitely not as a main. I think Zelda and Lucario have got that covered.

Top Bottom