• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone else's Gamestop NOT following the rules of the site?

InVaDeR GiRtEnKz NaP

Smash Journeyman
Mine isn't. We're doing 3 stock-2 minute, 4 people at once, and we're using the Gamestop brand Gamecube controllers. (:()

I asked if I could bring my own Wavebird and one guy replied "IDGAF." while the other was like "NOOool0o0o0dsfjhdsjf0o0 every one has to be equal!"

I was like sic..

So what about your Gamestop?

Solid Samus

Smash Cadet
My gamestop only had wiimote+nunchuck controllers. I walked in 2 minutes late to the tourney and they said they had all the spots filled, but as soon as I found out about the mandatory wiimote play I just lolled and was glad I wasn't playing.

Then I saw them actually playing...everyone sucked so bad. Not to mention items + like 2 minute matches/no stock.

As soon as someone got a kill (usually by using the dragoon or final smash) they would just run away from their opponent till the time ran out.

So lame.

Genuine

Smash Apprentice
well my gamestop said they were playing with stock. But what time zone do you guys live in? its only 5 ok over here

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
gamestop and ebgames stores seem to follow the instruction of the manager there vs the franchise rules.

I have seen prices differ from one store to the next and the preorder deal for brawl was inconsistent as well.
One store said they honour preorders based on the date of purchase while the other was basically a first come first serve (with preorder).

IGN Forums

Smash Journeyman
here in the MIA we use brand new still in the plastic gamecube controllers! We have to open the Plastic just like we bought it in the store! As well as wii-mote & nunchuck, and Classic Controllers! And we 8 stock match with 8 minutes!

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
My gamestop is allowing anyone who shows up to enter the tourney, and there are no registration forms.
Of course winning this store torunament wont lead anyone to the 'finals'.

Dustero

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure about mine. The guy told me the ask the manager around 7:30, when he gets there.

MoFro

Smash Rookie
Posted this in another thread already, but:

Believe it or not, this is how the Charleston, SC tournament will be - I talked to a guy at Gamestop about it Thursday night:

- They are actually skipping Round 1 and going straight to the Round 2/District round. I think they decided to do this because the number of pre-orders wasn't really high enough to warrant a different tourney at each store, so this tourney will actually be NEXT Saturday.

- Only people who reserved the game can enter, have to present receipt at registration.

- They are providing wired GCN controllers instead of going with the Remote/Nunchuk setup

- Four-player melee with no items, random stages. Five minute rounds and the one with the highest score wins. If there aren't enough entrants they said they would consider 1v1 for 2 minute rounds.

- I don't know whether or not unlocked characters will be available, I forgot to ask but was planning on using Samus anyway.

- Free food and raffle prizes

- Finalists get a prize/trophy TBA at registration

- Overall winner will qualify for the Atlanta regional.

I called and doublechecked w/ my store, and that's the way it's gonna be for the entire city.

Top Bottom