• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Irvine PlayNTrade Brawl Tourney March 22nd!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Play N Trade Brawl Tourney

When: March 22 Saturday; 1:00 PM

Address: 5405 Alton Parkway Ste D
Irvine, CA 92604

We are located in the Alton Square plaza at the intersection of Jeffrey & Alton Parkway.
There is a Ralphs and a McDonald's in the plaza as well. Our store faces Jeffrey, so
you will find us next to the UPS Store and Doggie Spa.

Cost: $5.00

Prizes:
1st- $50 Store credit and V.I.Mii Discount Card
2nd- $25 Store Credit
3rd- T-shirt

Rules:
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-No Items NO SMASH BALLS!
-No Stalling
-No Pausing any time
-If you are not present for your call you will receive a forfeit
-No Modded Controllers
-No unsportsman like conduct
-All controller types allowed, you will not be supplied with anything but the wii mote and nunchuck if you come without controller.
-Matches are best 2 of 3, first round players chose a random neutral stage. Second Round the loser of the first round counterpicks any neutral or counterpick stages listed. In case of tie third round, loser of second round decides the stage.
-Banned stages are not to be played under no exception

Stage List
Neutral Stages:
Battle Field. Final Destination, Yoshi’s Island, Lylat cruise, Smashville, Pokemon-Stadium(melee)

Counterpick stages:
Delfino Plaza, Luigi’s Mansion, Pirate Ship, , Frigate Orpheon, Haldberd, Castle Siege, Jungle Japes(Melee), Corneria(melee), rainbow cruise(melee), green greens(melee), brinstar(melee).

Banned Stages:
All others not mentioned:laugh:

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Awesome, I'll try my best to make this. Some of the counterpick stages are a bit crazy, but I don't think that many people will pick them.

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Delfino Plaza, Luigi’s Mansion, Pirate Ship, Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Haldberd, Castle Siege, Mario Circuit, Bridge of Eldin, Skyworld, Shadow Moses Island, Jungle Japes(Melee), Corneria(melee), rainbow cruise(melee), green greens(melee), brinstar(melee).

Norfair: Well, lava comes from all ends of the stage, and even from behind. You have to fight for a small safe zone at times or else the lava will flood the stage and kill you unless you're in it.

Mario Circuit: Really Really small, with walk-off edges and karts coming in and running people over.

Those are my two biggest concerns.

Shadow Moses Island: You can ONLY kill off the top, unless you destroy the pillars, which takes time, and they re-grow after being destroyed. Plus, once you destroy the pillars, the edges become walk-off.

Bridge of Eldin: BIGGEST CAMPING STAGE EBAR. =P Not only that, but it has walk off edges.

Skyworld: Looks normal at a glance, but it's actually very large, and feels really awkward to battle on it.

You guys can take or leave my opinions, it is your tournament after all. I really don't want to sound like I'm whining or anything, just stating what I think is fair.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Your opinion seems logical...I honestly hated Skyworld and Bridge of Eldin after playing it today, and it makes sense what you say about norfair, circuit, and moses, so consider it changed! =P Thanks for your input though.

Animul hope to see you there =)

festizzio

Smash Champion
One time, I was playing on Norfair, and I lost control of the little safehouse thingy, and I found you can powershield the lava.

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
I am glad to hear boolossus will be there, I'll see you there boo. I'll bring a few more WT guys as well.

Yeah there are a bit too many maps there, some that shouldn't be in it. But oh well, its not my tourny. Hopefully I don't get matched up against a feminine player

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I was going off of a ****y list I found on the boards but I editted based on Boo's recommendations. =)

Hope to see you thereWtZzz

Also there is a possibility NOT FOR SURE

but if enough people stick around we may doubles at the end.

V1rtuE

Smash Rookie
I'll definitely be there.

If you're facing Jeffrey, are you guys in the shopping center that also has a CVS?

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Yup we are in the same shopping center, just a tad hidden, for better reference I'd say look next to the UPS store next to CVS =P

CowMix

Smash Rookie
Are you expecting a big show up? I'm be going with my roommates, but sadly we can't practice this week because of finals qq

Edit: Whats a V.I.Mii card?

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
@ CowMix -Its hard to say the turn out, after all smash does bring in the greatest turnout, I cant make promises, but every melee tournament has been a success.

Oh Sorry I forgot to mention a V.I.Mii card is an exclusive discount card offered by our store. What it does is give you 5% off of new games and accesories, 10% extra on your trade ins, and 15% off of used games. It sells for $20 at our store, and I can explain another method of getting it to you instore. =P

Also one important thing I forgot to mention was the stores phone number in case any of you get lost or something. I will edit in initial post but here it is:
949-653-7529

Also if we get 8 pairs(16 people) at the minimum at the end of the tourney we will give you guys a doubles tourney aswell last time we were barely short for us to have one.

CowMix

Smash Rookie
Does the card work for all play n' trades or just specifically the Irvine one?

If you had the doubles tourney what would be the price and prizes be?

aznforce817

Smash Lord
YOU'RE HOLDING THIS THE DAY OF THE UCSD TOURNY1?!?!!? ARE YOU MADDD?!?!?!? sigh.. if i cant make it to ucsd then i guess im going here.... you do kno everyones going to ucsd cameron...

Boolossus

Smash Ace
YOU'RE HOLDING THIS THE DAY OF THE UCSD TOURNY1?!?!!? ARE YOU MADDD?!?!?!? sigh.. if i cant make it to ucsd then i guess im going here.... you do kno everyones going to ucsd cameron...
So what you're saying is, you're not going to this tourney cuz you're scared of my DK, right?

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
UCSD is a bit too far, but next time

P.S. Are any of you UCI students?

I graduated from UCI in June, hoping to get back to grad school there soon

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I am going to OCC for another year then transferring to UCI for the last two years and continuing there for grad. I live like right by UCI, I dont know if you know the University Park area?

wtZzz

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I lived in Harvard apartments for 1 year, and Cornell for the rest.

63 Cornell, land of leisure

Is Unversity Park the center accross from UCI with jack in the box and the post office, etc?

CowMix

Smash Rookie
University Town Center, the tournament is at the play n trade on Alton not the one i the town center if thats what your wondering.

irvineplayntrade

Smash Cadet
The Tournament is today! See you guys there. It's gonna be a blast. We will also have surprise giveaways, so be sure to come!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
University Park is down Culver, basically the neighborhood by Carl's Junior and Wholesome Choice.

Tournament over...BIGGEST TURN OUT EVER! Really hot though too much body heat lol. Grats to the top three, here they are:

1.) Dao- The beastly beast of beasts, this guy knew he was going to win from first round...I thought he was joking but he was serious! Too bad we couldn't play though, I'll play you in April at our next tourney.

2.) Michael- GG I only saw one of your matches, good metaknight, I'll catch more if you come to the April one.

3.) Bryan- My Luigi's ultimate rival...our mario brothers match is now tied, winner decided next time. Sorry you keep getting thr t-shirt lol.

Boolossus- I was rooting for you man! I like the characters you play, no one else plays em which makes it cool to see.

Cowmix- GG good playing, I caught one of your matches I wanna play you too.

Kevin- I thoguht you'd get second dude gg anyways though.

Paul- GG unlocking toon link lol, nice matches.

Anyone else I may have missed sorry, but I am too hungry, hope to see you all next time!

We wont have the technical difficulties from before the tourney started next time...for some reason we thought brawl could be transferred with the SD card...WRONG. =P

Hope all had fun
-Cameron Noori

Edit: Keep posting in thread to exchange Brawl codes if you want guys, mine is:

2406-4784-0239
aim: afgballer4life16

Boolossus

Smash Ace
Yay! I had a fan! ^_^
I finally figured out how to open the mushroom, thank goodness. I like using unpopular characters, if I was using Pit, Ike, Metaknight, or Toon Link, Smash would be no fun. (Although I do like Toon Link, Wind Waker rox). I'm totally jealous of that Luigi hat man. =P
Here's my code: 0774-3910-9195

CowMix

Smash Rookie
Lol I hope the match you saw for me was actually me, I forgot to take my tag off after playing, I saw some matches with people played on my tag.

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Sweet Boo you got the candy to work! =P I thought you would kill me if I spilled any lol Dude I love those candies, I have the green 1up mushroom, the NES controller mints...I just need the Wii gum...which btw someone opened (*angry face)

Top Bottom