• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IQ Characters

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes I watch tournament and think "man, you must have to be really smart to main that character" I usually think this about Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Villager, based on their complex set-ups. What characters do you guys think take a lot of brain power to master?

In My opinion::4duckhunt::4mewtwo::4megaman::4villager::4rob::4pacman:

Lola Luftnagle

Banned via Warnings
:4ryu: 'cause of the Street Fighter command setup for his moveset.
:4shulk: for his multifaceted attributes in his good Monado arts. This is why he's my secondary...:)
:rosalina: since she has a partner in Luma, giving her advanced techniques similar to :icsmelee: such as desynchronization, but attributing to her extreme learning curve is the fact y'all have to keep Luma alive since its attacks inherently yield more knockback than Rosalina's.
:4zelda: due to the precision necessary to get optimal results from her attacks such as her aerials.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
:4ryu: 'cause of the Street Fighter command setup for his moveset.
:4shulk: for his multifaceted attributes in his good Monado arts. This is why he's my secondary...:)
:rosalina: since she has a partner in Luma, giving her advanced techniques similar to :icsmelee: such as desynchronization, but attributing to her extreme learning curve is the fact y'all have to keep Luma alive since its attacks inherently yield more knockback than Rosalina's.
:4zelda: due to the precision necessary to get optimal results from her attacks such as her aerials.
You would think that Ryu would have an infinate based on how many moves he has... but no one has discovered one yet.

SCOAKS5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Littecoaks
3DS FC
0834-3506-2629
IMO the hardest characters to learn and master are definitely peach and greninja.

KirbCider

Smash Ace
My vote definitely goes towards Pac-Man.

I've seen some Pac-Man Mains do some insane stuff that feels like it requires absolute precision, reading, and full proof set ups. Next up would probably have to be Duck Hunt. The non-sapmmy ones that do literal set ups and combos with the Can can be pretty wild sometimes (plus I find it hard to concentrate on both the Can and your character at the same time, and timing is needed).

And lastly I can't forget about Robin. You literally have to use your moves wisely (even your recovery). Good Robins are super hard for me to find on For Glory (or period for that matter), but there have been a few that obviously knew what to do and when.

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
Princess Peach, Pac Man and Greninja definitely come to mind. Shulk and Mega Man are up there but not nearly to the extent of those 3, I think.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Mewtwo is braindead lol
The hardest thing about him is the footstool disable, but that's the tech itself which isn't integral to him as a top tier anyhow.

There's essentially three layers of difficulty

1: Difficulty of input
2: Penalty for mistake
3: Awareness (Recovery, gimmicks, etc)

Ryu has some difficulty of input, but everything else about him is easy. So I don't consider him very hard either.

Megaman, Pacman, and Duck hunt come to mind.

Victory.IsMyDestinySSB4

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is braindead lol
The hardest thing about him is the footstool disable, but that's the tech itself which isn't integral to him as a top tier anyhow.

There's essentially three layers of difficulty

1: Difficulty of input
2: Penalty for mistake
3: Awareness (Recovery, gimmicks, etc)

Ryu has some difficulty of input, but everything else about him is easy. So I don't consider him very hard either.

Megaman, Pacman, and Duck hunt come to mind.
With Mewtwo play, mainly competitive (Abadango) I have seen a lot of teleport mindgames, which is why I put him down. But yeah, some characters require more thought.

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
With Mewtwo play, mainly competitive (Abadango) I have seen a lot of teleport mindgames, which is why I put him down. But yeah, some characters require more thought.
The thing that makes Mewtwo not that hard to play is how few characters can get around the brick wall that dtilt and fair put up. Then there's also the fact that the pressure SBall provides is sooo good on a character as fast as Mewtwo. Sure, his movement is flashy, but a lot of his MUs are won just because the opposing character has no way to deal with those three moves combined with his speed.

Nah

Smash Champion
Idk if I'd call Robin a technical character, though I'm not sure what technical means to y'all.

You'd all be correct though that you need to be smart to succeed with the character, but that just stems from the fact that you have to do that since the character is flawed, and not that the character is secretly complex or something.

Top Bottom