• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ipod Problems

Elysium

Smash Lord
So I bought my Ipod (4 gig) like two years ago and I haven't had a problem with it. Then about 4 days ago I went out and bought some headphones and tried them out. It was working fine, but the next day I went to turn it on and nothing. The battery wasn't empty since I was listening to it the night before. So I tried resetting it with the toggle hold and press center/menu for 10 seconds and still nothing.

So I plugged it into my computer and it came on. It showed up on Itunes and everything so I disconnected it from my computer and right away it froze with this grey line across the screen and locked up.. Everytime I try and listen to it I have to take my chances with connecting it to my computer then disconnecting it quickly and hope it doesn't lock up.
Sometimes it work and it will start to play, but never lasts more than 5 mins. Then I get the grey line and it locks up again.
I've checked just about everything I know how and still nothing.

I'm not opposed to cracking it open and seeing it there is something noticeably wrong with it since my warranty expired but if there's another way...

This really sucks because my car got jacked a couple years ago and they torn apart the part where my radio was, so without my Ipod I get to listen to the wind every time I drive.

Any ideas?

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I've had several iPods since they came out, so I've had my fair share of problems. That sounds like some serious internal problems, though. I've never heard of anything like that before, but it doesn't sound very fixable. You should call Apple Support. They are the best tech support I've ever had to deal with. But, they won't tell you much more than to restore it. You might be out of luck.

Top Bottom