• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introduction/Help!

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
Hello pit boards!

i just picked up pit today and im thinking of changing him to my main.

i just have some few questions.

how does pit rank in tournements or tier listings
How long did it take to get "comfortable" with pit?
does pit have good mindgame capabilities?

and most important question
How much potential does pit have?

the reason i am asking the last one is because my previous main was ike. and ike just is way to predictable and his meta game is pretty much maxed. which means as other characters get better and better. ike will still be the same.

Btw what controller should i use? i use the wiimote and nunchuck right now because my GC controllers are mostly broken.(whats up with that :/) but i can always buy a new one.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
Check this thread to see how Pit has ranked:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=167119

Pit's done kinda average in the tournament scene. People suspect it's not because he's bad, but because he doesn't get much high-level representation.

Be sure to look at all these Adv. Techs
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=163980

It's not crazy to say that Pit is capable of more mindgames then any other character.

How long it will take to get use to him is hard to say.

Wiimote and Nunchuck works just as well as Gamecube. Whatever works for you.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Pit is, IMO, the best mindgamer by far. His potential is unbelieveably enormous, considering many of his ATs haven't even been exploited to their full potential. I'm not really sure about his rankings. It didn't take long at all to get comfortable, but the ride to mastery is VERY long and bumpy. Personally I use the GC controller, mostly because I'm used to it from Melee.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
1. so far from what ive seen and heard over all pit isn't taking top in any tournements and people see him as high/mid tier right now.

2. It all depends ive read that if you played samus is melee it shouldn't be to hard it just depends on how fast and well you can get arrow stuff and his AT's down.

3. Pit is loaded with mind games from arrow looping to spacing, this also makes him harder to pick up and be trully good with.

Top Bottom