• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing 2 Good Grant: FREE trip to a SoCal Tournament!

Charoo

Smash Champion

What is the 2 Good Grant?

The 2 Good Grant (2GGrant) is a way to bring players from out of state to attend the 2 Good Gaming events.

How?

Once a player is selected, 2GG will donate the money to the player so that they can buy their plane ticket. This will eliminate the money issue and more players will be to attend our tournament.

Sounds great! How are you going to form the fund though?

We are going to make a widget for people to donate. We will take $1 from entry fee from now on and put it in the 2GGrant. Also, 2GG itself will match the donation by people. What that mean is, if you donate $5 then 2GG will donate $5.

Nice. I want to donate! Where can I do that?

You can donate through a widget at justin.tv/2ggaming or at 2goodgaming.com/2ggrant or at http://2goodgaming.chipin.com/2-good-grant-melee

That sounds amazing! So who’s eligible?

Everyone is eligible. Still, to qualify for the grant, you must submit an application to 2 Good Gaming. Pretty much, it’s a paragraph saying why we should pick you over other person that is trying to get the grant.

So does this mean 2GG will pick the people?

Partially, yes. We will look through all the application and then select 4 people that we feel have the best application. Then, we will put up a poll for people to vote. The winner will then be selected to receive the grant.

I really want this one person to win. What do I do?

First of all, they need to know this exist. Your job is to tell them about it and make them send in their application. After that, hope that they are selected and get everyone to vote for them! This is like an election and you are trying to make your candidate win.

Nice but what if the same person keeps winning?

When a player receives the grant, they will not be able to receive it again until two other players receive it. That way, many people will be able to attend and use the grant.

So I got selected. What do I have to do?

If you are selected, your flight will be paid for by the grant. Then you come, play, and have a good time! The only condition is that if you win any money, whatever money was donated through 2 good grant will be deducted from the winnings and will be returned to the grant. For example, if the grant gave you $200 and you won $250, $200 of your winning will go back into the 2GGrant and you will keep the $50 leftover. This is done so that next time we’ll be able to bring multiple people and so on.

Sounds good. Where can I sign up?

Send an email to 2ggrant@2goodgaming.com

With a paragraph of “why should you receive the 2 Good Grant?”

Make sure to include your name, your gamer tag, and where you're from.

Dateline is on March 25th

Still need more info? Feel free to PM me or aim me at: xuerarit

Top Bottom