• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Introducing… Stacked! The Strongest Monthly in Australia

Australia is an often-underrepresented region when compared to the exposure that top players from Japan, Europe and the USA, but with this latest tourney series to be hosted in Queensland, things are looking to change. The idea behind Stacked is to bring one top player from outside Queensland into the state so that they can compete against arguably the strongest region in the country.

Jezmo vs. Waveguider at SXC. Will this be Grand Finals at tomorrow's Stacked? Find out by tuning in!

For the first installment of Stacked, tournament organiser Urisk has arranged for Waveguider to be flown out to Queensland to show his mettle. Waveguider is well known as one of the premiere Wii Fit Trainer mains in the world, sporting silky movement, incredible reads and a creative ledge game. A poster boy for optimal Wii Fit, Waveguider has been unable to travel interstate to Queensland before and has only played Jaice and Jezmo, the top players in the region, once each at SXC, going down to Jezmo but managing to take out Jaice. But what of Queensland’s local challengers? Well, here’s a small taste of who to look out for:

Jezmo – Often touted as one of the best players in the country, his Diddy is highly technical and aggressive.

Luminescent – Australia’s second best Wii Fit Trainer main, who will be looking to prove he has what it takes to be regarded as highly as Waveguider. Like Wave, his movement is key.

****ashi – A Mega Man fan growing up as a kid, he replicates classic Mega Man gameplay with a reputation for genius pellet use.

Jaice – A man of many talents who can play just about anyone he wants to. He's a potent Rosalina player but has recently been spotted playing Peach and Bayonetta.

Fool – A Fox main with a highly technical game plan respected for his precision.

Stacked will be streamed on Twitch at twitch.tv/Jettsmash starting at 12pm AEDT (GMT+10) and if you’re new to the Queensland scene and are looking for a first tourney to go to, Stacked will be a great way to enter the scene. With top players from all over Australia in attendance, it’s sure to be a memorable event. Sign up for it on this link http://goo.gl/forms/W93ip5szxC and if you are a new player, enter the phrase DPAISSTACKED and you will receive a discount!

Maribro is excited to see where Stacked will go in the future but is sad he cannot attend. Offer your condolences to @LHC_Maribro

Last edited:

Comments

I always looked down on Oceania as a poor region in Smash, but this might have just proven me wrong! Hopefully Villyness will be there so I can take notes for my own Villager ;)

EDIT: She's not there. The tourney's not national (she's not in QL), and I never paid much attention to Australian players because I'm in the US, where the largest chunk of the community resides :p

I'm one dumb motherf***er.

Last edited:
Stacked was one of the torneys i was interested in but due to my personal limit of attending 2 tourneys per month i'll pass on this one.
Go QLD!

Top Bottom