• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet Problems

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, ive just been havin problems w/ my internet lately and was wondering if any of u could help.

Im running copper.net dial up, and for some reason, when i open multiple tabs, it's like the computer cannot get the information it needs from the website, and no kilobytes r being received or sent. I often have to refresh each and every page just to get it to come up.

Now i know that it's only dial up, but this has never happened before. I also ran a virus scan and it didnt catch anything, and i have disconnected and connected back multiple times and it still does the same thing. Has any1 else had any problems like this?

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
Maybe you should try opening them one a a time instead of rapidly clicking :ohwell:

Pretty sure it's only temporary

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
The thing is, I see on smashboards multiple threads id like to check out and i open up a new tab for each thread. This never happened before. it's just been the past week or so.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Yes. This is the basically the only site in which i open multiple tabs. but my comp still decides to stop all activity randomly on other sites too like youtube and facebook.

MacNCheese.

Smash Ace
-_- youtube,fb and swf have lots of stuf, i you open multiple tabs on them, of course it's gonna be slow

andywily889

Smash Rookie
Perhaps multiple tabs may create internet problem, or it come with heavy loaded site. Also with low speed provided by service provider. The thing is, I see that multiple threads id like to check out and I open up a new tab for each thread

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I've always had difficulty with dial-up and tabs. I don't recommend trying to open a new tab until a previous one is done.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
have you tried the standard fare? Like, you know, clearing your cache, that kinda thing? Also try rapidly opening multiple tabs on a site other than SWF to see if you get the same result, so you can narrow it down to it being you opening multiple tabs or it being SWF... though I don't see why SWF would behave this way.

Top Bottom