• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Internet not working under certain circumstances

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I normally don't have problems with my internet. However I notice that my internet stops working occasionally when I use my printer, itunes, or windows media player(usually after I rip music). Also, my computer communicates with the printer by a wireless connection(its in the living room since my parents also use the printer) if that explains anything. Also, I use Netgear as my router.

Jodesa

Smash Rookie
I experienced the same thing just 3 days ago.
I went on a trip and when I got back my computer cannot connect to the internet. Found out that my antivirus has expired and system got infected with dozens of trojans, virus and adwares. Horrible. I reformatted my system and I'm ok again.
conversion optimization l ventrillo

eNomineZerum

Smash Rookie
Is your computer connected wirelessly or through ethernet? Same thing goes for your parents.

If you are having the issue but not them you might want to run Spybot Search and Destroy and AVG anti-virus to ensure your system is clean.

If this doesn't resolve the issue ensure the router has the most recent firmware installed. Also, try downloading the PC-side software from Netgear, I know this allowled my grandfather's computer to pick up signal where he previously couldn't.

If this doesn't work unplug both the router and modem and let them sit for a moment to totally power off. Reconnect after a minute or so and then we can go from here.

Hope this works for!

By the name of Zero

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I use a wireless connection. And I don't think my parents experience the problems that my computer is having. Idk if its viruses though, because I can just restart my computer and get my internet back. Plus I have Microsoft Security and last time I used it it said my system was clean. Though I haven't ran a scan lately so I'll just do that now and see what happens.

eNomineZerum

Smash Rookie
Run Spybot and AVG just for laughs and giggles. If nothing us found, sadly, sometimes a diffrent hardware will not work perfectly.

By the name of Zero

AfroSnackey

Smash Rookie
In front of the screen, If ya know what I mean.
Hey bub, you seem pretty handy with computers. If you're willing to answer, I got to know why the galaxy64 server never logs in for me. I have the correct IP address, my computer's clean and I've tried multiple internet connections in my area and still no success. I'm starting to think that Galaxy's server range can't reach where I live. How will I play N64 games online now?

Top Bottom