• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International Smash Tournament?

I-ninja

Smash Cadet
NNID
I-ninja13
3DS FC
4527-9851-5719
So I was thinking about doing this when I started becoming a T.O., but after the whole Leffen thing, and watching Zero's video, the only question is, not can we do it, but how?

I mean having a National US tournament doesn't sound that hard. It's just a matter of having each state organizing a state wide scene, and I know a few states have that already, but International wise we have to deal with a huge ass travel and language barrier.

I don't think money is the problem, we are a huge community we can raise it, and sponsors would be crawling to us.
I don't think coverage is the problem, this would be too big for Nintendo to ignore, and if this works we can spread it like wild fire.
Venue? no, there are esports areas all over the world, finding a venue would we easy.
Base of operations? no, we have smash boards.

Hell I think we should do it, I know we can do it.
So I people of the smash community lend my your ear,
Let us take 3 years to plan it all out,

Venue
Point system invitational, or just one huge pool/bracket
Shout casters
etc.

and hold this event January 21, 2019.

We built this community from the ground up, why not take the next step?

Top Bottom