• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

International pre-Apex tourney results

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This weekend had three major tournaments in preperation for Apex: Sumabato X17.5 in Japan, Worms Armageddon in Germany and Gorillaz Battle 2 in France. Since the results of international tournaments are often hard to find for SWF users and because they are particularly interesting two weeks before Apex I decided to gather them here in case anybody is interested in the results or background information on the players that you will meet in person soon.

Sumabato X17.5:

1st 9B :popo:
2nd Akira :metaknight:
3rd Souther :snake:
3rd Hayase :popo: :random:
3rd busa :snake:
3rd Gomamugitya :lucario:

This tournament was held in west Japan [Osaka area] and had about 80 entrants. From what I heard the whole tournament was played as a one-stock round robin. This explains why there are 4 people tied for 3rd place but whether it makes the results representative or not is a different question. People who will go to Apex from this tournament are 9B, Kakera, Kuroobi, Earth and fuwa. Kakera won doubles with Sakasaka as his partner.
As usual, videos will be uploaded to the westsmash channel on youtube.

Gorillaz Battle 2:

1st Leon :marth:
2nd Glutonny :wario:
3rd Shaky :ness2:
4th Dany :marth:

This one was held in Paris and had about 40 entrants but full results aren't available yet. Leon, Glutonny and Dany all might have used more than the one character listed. Leon and Bjay are the ones who will go to Apex - Bjay placed 5th with Metaknight.
Videos from french tourneys can be found on the SmashTurnoi channel on youtube.

Worms Armageddon:

1st cyve :pit: :diddy:
2nd BluB :falco:
3rd Eddy :metaknight:
4th quiKsilver :zerosuitsamus:

Although the cap for this tourney was at 32 it had almost all of the current german PR in attendance and thus the results are pretty representative. Cyve had been knocked into losers pretty early in the bracket but made a huge comeback in losers beating quiKsilver, Eddy and BluB twice - there were several 3-stocks among those wins! Unfortunately cyve will not attend Apex but quiKsilver, Tay, (S!C), Desti and AscWolf [who all attended this tourney] will be there.
Germany uses the ssbbgermany channel on youtube for its videos.

Brackets, more detailed results and updates on videos will be posted as soon as they are available.

:059:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Shaky is visiting family@P-1.

Is BluB going to Apex or have any plans to Gheb? I feel he'd do well here.

You already pretty much told me Cyve isn't going to Apex, but he'd do well too. :pit:/:diddy: seems like sucha interesting duel main character choice. They both have slight problems vs :snake: (Probably 45-55 matchups due to mainly lack of ability to kill him), :wario: (45-55 for both, maybe worst for :pit:), and :metaknight: (4-6 matchups for both, maybe worst for :pit:).

:018:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
BluB is not going to Apex.

it's funny cuz germany never uploads
It seems like they have been looking for somebody reliable to upload new videos for a while without success. And there haven't been a lot of tournaments in germany since the summer anyway.

:059:

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Netting 3 stocks with Pit or Diddy isn't that easy, hope we'll be able to see some replays soon lol.

Shaky in France was a great experience, hope we'll be able to see some international attendance at the big tournament in germany next summer.

AtneyB

Smash Journeyman
I think I'm done with competitive smash for some time... prolly until the big german tourney.
Hyperbolic Time Chamber, I'm coming...

Also Gheb, I think someone gave you wrong numbers - Gorillaz Battle 2 had 38 entrants for singles.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
*scrolls down the page*

*tries to click on the side bar but accidentally moves the mouse and reports NickRiddle*

*laughs it out and goes back a page*

Not the first time that's happened. Bright idea making a page to explain WHY you're reporting someone or mis-clicks like that would be so much worse...

Shaky training before Apex... i'm really rooting for the NR/shaky team, hope you two do really well. Fourth impact! ^^

Btw, has gluttony been practicing recently? Will be interesting to see how he places at a future national. Leon i'm interested to see at Apex, assuming I get to watch the stream.

Top Bottom