• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Intermediate Marth player seeking Sensei

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_End

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone!

I'm new to posting on Smashboards, though I've been lurking for awhile now reading threads, learning new strategies and watching videos And I must say this is an amazing site, I wish I knew about its existence a lot sooner.
I've been playing smash on and off since melee. I just recently began playing brawl again pretty seriously, practicing all I can and trying to improve. I want to start attending tournaments but I'm not confident enough in my abilities yet and that's why I created this thread.

Even though I've been reading all I can and watching videos, I'm very much of a hands on learner. I still lose to one of my friends at times and he plays Lucario which I understand is a favorable matchup for marth. My friend isn't pro or anywhere near so I know if I have trouble beating him consistently I'm going to get threestocked at tournaments without a doubt.

I have the basics of marth down and I know when and how to use many of his techniques- but I also have trouble knowing what exactly I'm doing wrong, I also struggle with using marths grab effectively and even sometimes find myself facing the incorrect direction and seem to be in the bad habit of using right and left dodge excessively in order to face the direction I want even though I think it often detriments me when it comes to having the proper spacing.
These aren't my only challenges but are just examples of things I'm having trouble with. There is much more, but I do think I'm a skilled player in many other areas. Because I'm a hands on learner I feel that I could improve MASSIVELY if someone would be willing to take me under their wing and play with me over wifi while skyping, maybe talk me through things and point out what I'm doing wrong and help me to evolve. I've improved hugely using this method in other online games I've played and its more beneficial to me than watching a hundred videos could ever be.

I know this Is a lot to ask but this community seems incredibly helpful and cool so I figured it'd be worth a shot; I would even be willing to pay since I know I'm asking so much. Thanks for reading this huge WOT- if anyone is willing to help me out I'll shoot over my friend code. My skype name is Boxcutter_Buzzard

Thanks again for your time!

NeeBee

Smash Journeyman
lol pay? just play people better than you.... which is impossible if you're scurred of getting 3 stocked @ tourneys ( which is a dumb reason not to go unless the commute is that long)

If that's the case then just join allisbrawl and let your wifi adventures begin~

feel free to add me on skype tho

neeb33
ill be down to vs you once I regain access to skype

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
What neebee said. Play people better, worse, and at your level to learn and improve.

I'm also down to play you on wifi anytime. Visit allisbrawl.com and set up an account to play with others too

C.J.

Smash Master
Just join the Marth skype group, find me on skype, and you'll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom