• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting ways of playing smash

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
Post some interesting ways of how you play smash. Lol

i like to mess around and go to special smash, put on the tails, and combo the life out of the CPU.

This way of playing steepens the learning curve of smash 4 a bit, and introducing another movement option.

It's more fun for me that way, as regular smash can get stale.

Last edited:

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I have done this since 64.

Do stock battles with the max number of cpus at max level. Then set the stock count to my current age.
This made the game really fun over the years I have played the game by myself. Sometimes I would turn items on. Other times off. I like smash ball, war stars, asisst trophies, crates, party balls, and pokeballs on.

As for Smash 4, since I do not have a doubles training partner, I use my Lucas amiibo as my partner. I have taught it to heal to me with PK Freeze, do footstool combos, and to footstool after I use down throw.

I still follow the above stock rules. The only difference is that I play on legal stages only vs a team of 2 cpus being the same character (example: a team of Mario only). I then either set it to random legal stages onlu or I manually pick legal stages after I have already played on one to keep up the variety so it does not get boring.

I keep a list and play vs each team twice and then mark them off and move onto the next team.

Fun fact: My Lucas amiibo sometimes magnet gimps me when I tried teaching it magnet gimps in singles and vs a Ness team.

It's learning,
slowly.

Last edited:

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I have done this since 64.

Do stock battles with the max number of cpus at max level. Then set the stock count to my current age.
This made the game really fun over the years I have played the game by myself. Sometimes I would turn items on. Other times off. I like smash ball, war stars, asisst trophies, crates, party balls, and pokeballs on.

As for Smash 4, since I do not have a doubles training partner, I use my Lucas amiibo as my partner. I have taught it to heal to me with PK Freeze, do footstool combos, and to footstool after I use down throw.

I still follow the above stock rules. The only difference is that I play on legal stages only vs a team of 2 cpus being the same character (example: a team of Mario only). I then either set it to random legal stages onlu or I manually pick legal stages after I have already played on one to keep up the variety so it does not get boring.

I keep a list and play vs each team twice and then mark them off and move onto the next team.

Fun fact: My Lucas amiibo sometimes magnet gimps me when I tried teaching it magnet gimps in singles and vs a Ness team.

It's learning,
slowly.
I'm going to edit this in, so it's my fault, but try to explain why you do so.

SmolNozomi

Smash Cadet
Hobo Bros Style
2 Lives,
You have 300% while 9 CPU/Other Guy/Amiibo has 0%
For easy mode go to Temple. PT, or GCO
For fun do FD

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I can't think of other reasons besides the one I already listed of playing Smash by myself.

As for fighting the amiibo, I like it because it can copy some of my actions and gives me the closest experience I can get to a human opponent. I also got tired of lvl 9 cpu Ness and Lucas always using PKT1 on stage, or PKT1 to PKT2; in all the games lvl 9 cpus were too easy to me, it only took me a little over an hour to figure them out.

As for Smash 4 3ds, the CPUS beat me when I first played the game as Robin since they played slightly different from Brawl and I did not even have them at lvl 9 yet. I think I had them on 7 or 8.

I would enjoy fighting the amiibo more if they did not gain an increase to all stats when at lvl 50.

D

Deleted member

Inspired by Melee's Event Match Pokèmon Battle:
  • This is a solo venture of pure luck where you control 2 players at once
  • 2-stock
  • Enable only Pokèballs and Master Balls. You can use Assist Trophies as well to shake things up.
  • Do not attack the other player in any way; let the Pokemon/Assist trophy do that for you
  • Legal Stages: Coliseum, Mario Galaxy, or Wii Fit Studio. To my knowledge, Pokèmon battles do not take place over cliffs.

I also do this for the original, Melee, and Brawl, too. While I wait for items to spawn, I just practice my dash-dancing, wave-dashing, SHFFL, and all that jazz.

Another one inspired by Kirby's Crazy Appetite:
  • Enable only food, tomatoes, and hearts
  • Attacking your opponent is prohibited
  • Stamina set to 300 HP and Flower ailment
  • Collect the recovery items to stay healthy
  • Large stages such as Palutena's Temple, Great Cave Offensive, etc. are strongly recommended

Sayonara :kirby:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom