• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting thing vs Ness

phantoon

Smash Cadet
Hey everyone, i main G&W and i've been playing against some ness players when i noticed something. you might not know but this when you bucket something you gain brief invencibility while doing so, and when ness hit me with PK fire, i DI'ed away and used down b while ness tried to go for a grab when he whiffed it because i was invincible and got a full (albeit weak) bucket. i've tried this several times and it worked consistently so i thought i would share this. it's worth noting that while bucketing the PK fire bolt is risky because the bucket lag is horrendous and you get punished anyway, once you get a full bucket G&W puts it away quickly and in this case while ness whiffs his grab, you can usually get a jab in or just get out of there or whatever. i don't have video evidence, but if you ever want to try this...

Then again this might be common knowledge and i made a new thread for naught, in which case i apologize.

Keep2D

Smash Cadet
NNID
Keep2D
Lol, I think it's pretty common, but have you tried to look at the hilarious options G&W has to KO Ness?

Here's my favorite,
So Ness is offstage, has lost his 2nd jump, and is forced to UpB.
Now is your time to troll it up.
Quickly get next to Ness and UpB, the Windbox will completely throw off his aim to initiate PK Thunder 2, and will result in a KO. And a quite funny one at that.

Another funny thing you could do is Chef it up, but I find the first scenario much funnier. :p

SPoitter

Interior Crocodile Aligator
A Up air gimp is probably the funniest thing ever. Dtilt too.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
Couldn't you just bucket his pk thunder? I assume it would be a little easier than uair, though not as flashy.

AmishTechnology

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KIMPHIE
Couldn't you just bucket his pk thunder? I assume it would be a little easier than uair, though not as flashy.
Bucketing is honestly harder than u-air a lot of the times because of how fast PK thunder moves now.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
Lol, I think it's pretty common, but have you tried to look at the hilarious options G&W has to KO Ness?

Here's my favorite,
Quickly get next to Ness and UpB, the Windbox will completely throw off his aim to initiate PK Thunder 2, and will result in a KO. And a quite funny one at that.
I just tried this today. Most satisfying gimp I've EVER done.

Fik

Smash Cadet
NNID
fikidydog

Here's my favorite,

Another funny thing you could do is Chef it up, but I find the first scenario much funnier. :p
Or bucket his PK Thunder!

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman

Here's my favorite,

I often just run off and bucket the PK Thunder.

NouveauRétro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Royal_Bros.
Or bucket his PK Thunder!
I often just run off and bucket the PK Thunder.
That method is harder/ requires quicker fingers imo.
When I try it sometimes I only get the tail, or maybe I do get it but I can't use Fire in time to recover bc of Bucket momentum carrying me away with so much lag. I actually have a higher success rate with the windboxes if I'm already decently near Ness.

Top Bottom