• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting taunt -> up taunt

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
My suggestion for this thread is quite simple. Many characters have an interesting taunt, such as luigi's kick or bowser's biting. Because up taunt is also footstool, I suggest moving each characters "intesting taunt" (or most interesting one for characters unfortunate enough to not have a "interesting taunt") to uptaunt to make it easy to use, rather than having to move one's fingers to the D-pad to use the more interesting taunt. This means that for those of us that have up-taunt mapped to a different button for ease of footstooling have ease of access to an "interesting taunt."

Thoughts? is this possible?

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Sorry if I wasn't clear. Im suggesting that each characters most significant or important taunt (subjective I know, but luigi's downtaunt can spike, bowser's side taunt can do 10% damage, snakes box is ... interesting) becomes up taunt. With that change, players that have uptaunt mapped to a different button so that they can footstool players can now use that "interesting taunt" with ease, rather than finger sliding to d-pad mid combo or something. (Maybe for ease of taunt cancelling for those less fortunate to not have an "interesting taunt".

EDIT: TLDR, Some side taunts become up taunts, some down taunts become uptaunts some uptaunts remain uptaunts, all based on the fact if they meet "interesting criteria", such as damage, audible sound for taunt cancelling, modified hitbox, etc...

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
most taunts follow the direction of the dpad. falcon's yes taunt is on dpad up, come on is on right/left, and crouching is on down
Yea. This is generally true. Bowser rears his head back and up for his up taunt, bites sideways for side taunt, and half crouches and punches his fists together for his down taunt, and we could go on and on for each character and its an interesting bit of information, but I don't see it really as a reason against any sort of changes to taunt inputs... Besides, the second you change the taunts off Dpad, now the "rule" doesn't make sense. It just so happens to apply by traditional controller format. I don't know what if thats what you're arguing or if you were just looking to drop a knowledge bomb.

xXSciophobiaXx

Smash Apprentice
Oh. Ok. Well, then I guess if its possible to footstool with down taunt, could all taunts (just side taunt now I guess) be overlapped with footstool so that players can choose which taunt they want to footstool with for ease of use?

I know this isn't really that important on a grand scale of things, but I just noticed it the other day, and thought Id find out about it.

Top Bottom