• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Pit combos, followups, options and other things.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Just post anything interesting you've done with pit here!

tl:dr (If the text is too confusing) just watch the videos, theres no words but it should be enough to show you whats going on.
ps. Really sorry for how badly organised this is xD and let me know if theres something off or wrong with anything I said. Also I'm pretty sure the combos in this post are not true combos just good followups.

All the videos below were either done against a real player, a level 9 CPU, or a level 1 CPU

Dthrow, Jump, Dair, Uair/Fair, Regrab, Dthrow, Jump, Dair/Uair/Fair - 0-30%
(If they DI away and land in the ground in front of you hitstun them with fair and continue) (Fair can lead to Ftilt or jumping Nair or another jumping Fair)(You have to uair by either fastfalling uair or wating a millisecond before you uair this will cause them to either bounce above you a bit or act in the same way as pits chain grab) if you dont do this correctly they will escape after the uair or fair. If they manage to air dodge while in the air the lag time will allow you to still continue the combo lol. If done correctly this combo should do around 30-40% damage

Dair, Jump, Dair (Mtr Smash (followed by combos below)/Dair (Followed by another jump Dair), Fair, Uair, Nair, Bair? - 0-90%

Meteor Smash. Dair, (Fastfall), Dair/Footstool/Fair/Nair/Bair/Uair, repeat until death/gimp (for dair)
(two to three repeats are normally enough)
(If you go for the third or fourth dair you wont make it back unless you footstool them after the 3rd one
Works -30% onwards.
If they air dodge just follow with another Dair meteor smash pits dair has very little lag compared to other meteor smashes.
Sometimes you dont have to fastfall or you should just wait by jumping for the opponent to recover before doing another Dair e.g against greninja. Managed to overkill Robin once with three Dairs followed by a footstool xD
if you miss the sweetspot dair you might even be able to stage spike them on some stages
(Got the idea when I played as Kirby cuz Kirby can pull off the double metoer smash alot easier.)

Dthrow, Jump/Double jump, Dair/MtrSmash (followed by above two combos) off the edge-around 30% - 100% more or less depending on character, rage, etc. If they air dodge just follow with another Dair. At higher percents you probably wont have to go for the second dair

Dair meteor smash into up smash/utilt (for some reason pits upsmash and uptilt seem to only hit opponents infront of him when on the ground) - 30?%-150% (Utilit) 100%-150% (Usmash)

Also you can use dair to kill with the top blast zone. e.g When Greninja or Sheik tries to kill you with uair use dair at the side angle to kill them. (Can kill pretty early cuz of how high they jump).

Pits Get up attack: New Shield Breaker lol

And this is my fav kill of all time with pit xD

You guys can do your own experiments with these as Im not sure how reliable my findings are but they did work against level 9 cpus (last two were only done once against another player) . I did all of these at least once or twice in a real match. These can work really well if your opponent doesnt expect it or cant react quickly enough. These combos may be hard to pull off, need precision and are affected by DI, Rage and Character as well as a players skill/reaction. The percentages I put down are my own estimates.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
The 2 juggles are stuff that are DI able but in my pit basic/fundementals and advanced techs for pit i will show some weird combos that are not used often. The ones on bowser/dk are MU based by weight ofc also sometimes get out able, o well still pretty cool (y)

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
one combo i use but it only works if the person doesn't dodge often or forgets. grab (down throw), up aerial/ side aerial (this CAN BE DODGED), then neutral aerial. works on bigger characters better (like R.O.B.)

also didn't know pit's "get up" attack can break shields! wow thats really cool!

Last edited:

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
The 2 juggles are stuff that are DI able but in my pit basic/fundementals and advanced techs for pit i will show some weird combos that are not used often. The ones on bowser/dk are MU based by weight ofc also sometimes get out able, o well still pretty cool (y)
Lol now I'm interested, have you finished it yet? and are they true combos?

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Buying the capture card next week, video will be up b4 xmas hopefully :) also they are kinda strings but i will get some "True" Combos in.

Last edited:

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
This is nice! I was experimenting a lot with Dair trying to figure out some good strings. This makes me wanna keep getting better with Pit. I shall keep experimenting with some follow ups. For now I'm trying to get Fair strings down. It's escapable with DI/jumping/dodging, but requires good timing. On the other hand, it requires pretty good timing for Pit. I always seem to use the jump and attack to early in the animation and he ends up going down with a Fair. Getting 3 in a row near the edge of a stage is practically a guaranteed KO, and one of the most satisfying to me.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Good stuff! I'll definitely take a peep at this and try to improve with these techniques!

Right now I'm a pleb that just tilts and smashes 'cos I'm too afraid to do anything else. You're doing the Gods' work, my friend.

Saimunn93

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Saimunn93
For now I'm trying to get Fair strings down. (..) Getting 3 in a row near the edge of a stage is practically a guaranteed KO, and one of the most satisfying to me.
Is it just me or do other people abstain from using f-air too often? Don't get me wrong, because, like ShadowSlash said, it's the most utopian gimp move in the game - arguably - but because of the empty hitbox on it I seldom use it on-stage.. O.O
It's got this erratic damage counter that only ticks for hits that endure a full rotation on the spinning blade or something, because occasionally I do get like 0% damage hits with, of course, that immense knockback of the move. Same goes for N-air, although this move seems to apply damage more easily, but also suffers from empty hits.

A wholly struck F-air only deals.. 4-6% damage, or so.. ? Rather stick with the aforementioned D-air strings (warranted 10% strikes) and N-air / U-air surveillance right? ;o

Last edited:

ShadowSlashX

Smash Cadet
NNID
ShadowSlash17
3DS FC
0216-0883-7959
Is it just me or do other people abstain from using f-air too often? Don't get me wrong, because, like ShadowSlash said, it's the most utopian gimp move in the game - arguably - but because of the empty hitbox on it I seldom use it on-stage.. O.O
It's got this erratic damage counter that only ticks for hits that endure a full rotation on the spinning blade or something, because occasionally I do get like 0% damage hits with, of course, that immense knockback of the move. Same goes for N-air, although this move seems to apply damage more easily, but also suffers from empty hits.

A wholly struck F-air only deals.. 4-6% damage, or so.. ? Rather stick with the aforementioned D-air strings (warranted 10% strikes) and N-air / U-air surveillance right? ;o
Yeah, it's strange with the Nair/Fair empty hits. When on stage I use the tip of Fair to hit while outside of the opponents range, as an approach, or just to create openings for something stronger, not really for the damage. Also as shown above, it's great for follow ups.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
Just post anything interesting you've done with pit here!

tl:dr (If the text is too confusing) just watch the videos, theres no words but it should be enough to show you whats going on.
ps. Really sorry for how badly organised this is xD and let me know if theres something off or wrong with anything I said. Also I'm pretty sure the combos in this post are not true combos just good followups.

All the videos below were either done against a real player, a level 9 CPU, or a level 1 CPU

Dthrow, Jump, Dair, Uair/Fair, Regrab, Dthrow, Jump, Dair/Uair/Fair - 0-30%
(If they DI away and land in the ground in front of you hitstun them with fair and continue) (Fair can lead to Ftilt or jumping Nair or another jumping Fair)(You have to uair by either fastfalling uair or wating a millisecond before you uair this will cause them to either bounce above you a bit or act in the same way as pits chain grab) if you dont do this correctly they will escape after the uair or fair. If they manage to air dodge while in the air the lag time will allow you to still continue the combo lol. If done correctly this combo should do around 30-40% damage

Dair, Jump, Dair (Mtr Smash (followed by combos below)/Dair (Followed by another jump Dair), Fair, Uair, Nair, Bair? - 0-90%

Meteor Smash. Dair, (Fastfall), Dair/Footstool/Fair/Nair/Bair/Uair, repeat until death/gimp (for dair)
(two to three repeats are normally enough)
(If you go for the third or fourth dair you wont make it back unless you footstool them after the 3rd one
Works -30% onwards.
If they air dodge just follow with another Dair meteor smash pits dair has very little lag compared to other meteor smashes.
Sometimes you dont have to fastfall or you should just wait by jumping for the opponent to recover before doing another Dair e.g against greninja. Managed to overkill Robin once with three Dairs followed by a footstool xD
if you miss the sweetspot dair you might even be able to stage spike them on some stages
(Got the idea when I played as Kirby cuz Kirby can pull off the double metoer smash alot easier.)

Dthrow, Jump/Double jump, Dair/MtrSmash (followed by above two combos) off the edge-around 30% - 100% more or less depending on character, rage, etc. If they air dodge just follow with another Dair. At higher percents you probably wont have to go for the second dair

Dair meteor smash into up smash/utilt (for some reason pits upsmash and uptilt seem to only hit opponents infront of him when on the ground) - 30?%-150% (Utilit) 100%-150% (Usmash)

Also you can use dair to kill with the top blast zone. e.g When Greninja or Sheik tries to kill you with uair use dair at the side angle to kill them. (Can kill pretty early cuz of how high they jump).

Pits Get up attack: New Shield Breaker lol

And this is my fav kill of all time with pit xD

You guys can do your own experiments with these as Im not sure how reliable my findings are but they did work against level 9 cpus (last two were only done once against another player) . I did all of these at least once or twice in a real match. These can work really well if your opponent doesnt expect it or cant react quickly enough. These combos may be hard to pull off, need precision and are affected by DI, Rage and Character as well as a players skill/reaction. The percentages I put down are my own estimates.

Thank you so much. This helps so much to get into a character. I'll be studying this tonight!

Blazin'

Smash Cadet
NNID
Blazin_Raisins
3DS FC
5429-7955-3271
Interesting stuff. Really interesting. Gonna have to try this out for myself.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Trying to do this combo from the first video but when i do Dair doesn't hit the target.Think this combo or follow-up only work on big chars
As i mentioned in my post those arent true combos, people can DI away from them but if they dont expect it you can get them for some heavy damage. The Dair is just to add in that extra 10% of damage. If they keep DI ing away after the dthrow you dont have to go for the Dair just go for an uair or fair to drag them down (fast fall this) or just knock them away.

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
http://puu.sh/dI99G/8b8d017c71.jpg Done! might not of added them true combos i said as i forgot to XD. will upload it in 2 days or so but can anyone help me? I forgot what i was going to type when i was typing my additional notes section so far ive wrote "
Additional notes: Pit is mainly a defensive
character although he can be played agro.
He can struggle to Kill the opponent.
His grab game is crucial to gain dmg but
dont be punishable while going for grabs!"
any help?

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
http://puu.sh/dI99G/8b8d017c71.jpg Done! might not of added them true combos i said as i forgot to XD. will upload it in 2 days or so but can anyone help me? I forgot what i was going to type when i was typing my additional notes section so far ive wrote "
Additional notes: Pit is mainly a defensive
character although he can be played agro.
He can struggle to Kill the opponent.
His grab game is crucial to gain dmg but
dont be punishable while going for grabs!"
any help?
Maybe check out the opinions on Pit thread? you might get some ideas.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
Just some other little things you can do with pit.

Using arrows to (kinda) set up a meteor smash. I don't think this is a real frame trap but even if they air dodge you can still apply pressure after the dair because Pit's dair doesn't have crazy lag like marth or isn't risky like Greninja's.

Pit's down smash can combo into itself if you somehow manage to hit with the innermost part of the front blade. Being a double smash attack this does alot of damage compared to pit's other moves. An uncharged one doing more than a fully charged forward smash.
http://youtu.be/iDn8VU_NemE

Being cruel to Little Mac :3

I Like how pit's side b pulls back quite a bit before it attacks, helps you avoid some things (by making people whiff) before hitting back (sure you have super armour but what if the tradeoff damage isnt worth it?)
http://youtu.be/jhI-cY9G9OM

These were all done in online matches

Last edited:
Top Bottom