• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting discovery?

petycash

Smash Rookie
Sorry if this is old news(I'm sure you hear that way too often) me and a friend found it years ago and I going to post it here then as soon as I found a way to exploit it, but we couldn't find anything very useful from it and I never got around to posting it but I figured why not, I haven't seen it posted before so I'd give it a shot.

I'm sure you all know that Pit's down b shield will shine when first used and during that time it reflects things, even people if they were to dash attack it etc. But doing a reverse warlock punch into pit's shield shine will make ganondorf instantly slide to the opposite end of the stage. I've tested on custom stages and he doesn't seem to stop until he reaches the edge of the stage. Captain falcon's falcon punch has the same effect except he slides at a much slower speed and it is much more likely to be able to do attacks while sliding for him.

I wish I had a vid so you could see exactly, but if you were aware of this then you'll know and sorry about bring it up again if it is old. If nothing else, this would be one heck of a surprise in a doubles match to see a ganondorf going to warlock punch his partner then instantly be on the opposite end of the stage. It'd blow some minds, because I'm sure not everyone has seen it.

Exalted

Smash Lord
This is actually written in the SmashWiki, so it's nothing new. Besides, you'd be dead long before your Warlock Punch would connect.

Please use the "Questions & Answers" thread in the future.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I'm pretty sure we all know about this. I know I was very well aware of this. To be fair, using it as a means of travel in a Ganon/Pit team would be interesting, but whether or not it'd be useful in practice remains to be seen... if it hasn't been attempted already.

petycash

Smash Rookie
Okay, and again, sorry. I also wasn't saying that it would be useful, it's just very interesting and something very cool to be aware of despite it being impractical.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I didn't know about this, but more because whenever my Warlock Punch connects with my friend's Pit, he just seems to kind of get hit by it.

Top Bottom