• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Discovery!

payasofobia

Smash Champion
INTERESTING DISCOVERY: while making the priority list I discovered something nice regarding ike's d-smash.

After testing ike's D-smash for a while , i can tell that it seems that ike's d-smash is not affected by priority, or has ultimate priority. This seems to be the case because you never see the distinct blue circle/shockwave that signals that two attacks have clashed when you use it.

Also, it always penetrates the other character's attacks, and harms them, unless they have a disjointed hitbox.

Because this may be a great way to establish an great brick wall for ike, I will conduct further tests tomorrow.

A good way to test this is that you choose bowser and then have him use his flame breath, if you use any attack on the flames, you will see that a small shockwave is released, now, if you use the down smash, you will see that no shockwave is released whatsoever.

Another way is to have player one choose any character that isn't ike, then, have player two use the same character, now, have these characters d-smashes to clash with each other, the two of them should get stunned, right?
Now have the two players choose ike, get close and use the d-smash, none of them are stunned.

(If this is already known, or upon further testing is discovered that the attack actually can clash with other attacks, please tell me)

(Also, if you don't know what a brick wall means in a competitive game, lurk more)

Top Bottom