• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting discovery about snake's codec.

randomdude

Smash Rookie
So yesterday, I spectated an online match yesterday - it was Snake v 3 other guys on Shadow Moses. So, Snake could use the codec in the match. I had never seen him use the comlink an a match before, so I wanted to see how it was going to work.

He used the comlink right from the codec. But then almost immediately, he ran off the stage. And again. And again. And again.

So, the codec looked like this: (I don't remember the exact dialogue for the first two lines)

- Colonel! That fox is fast!
- Fighting Fox eh, Snake?
Snake, do you copy? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!

Whenever Snake died while the Colonel was still yelling SNAAAAAAAKE!!!, it would repeat itself. Fortunately, he didn't do it for the whole game, and I didn't bet on him.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that Snake dying while the death reaction from the codec was still going on reset the death reaction.

Edit: Codec, not comlink. :ohwell:

Lunar6

Smash Journeyman
So does that mean if Luigi kept on running off the stage while Snake was shouting for the Colenel, then Snake would repat himself?

Hey, I'm just putting two and two together.

Top Bottom