• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interesting Banana Trick

Kaptain Kong

Smash Lord
To the SE of Port Town.. ..send - Seattle, WA
I found out the other day that you can grab a banana while quick hugging the edge

i havent seen anyone use this, and it seems like it could have some use...

well, what you do is just pluck a banana so it falls right off the edge, and when it passes the ledge, run over and half circle back when you run off and hit z in the middle to grab the naner and the edge

one thing i found is that if you jump off the edge (not ledgehop) and hold down and spam b, then immediately run for the edge when you land, it times this perfectly

i dont claim that this is an awesome new at, just a situational trick
so tell me what you think and when this could be used :bee:

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
I've done this a few times but I never really found it very useful. I can see how it can be though. I just always had a hard time on the edge with Diddy.

Prawn

Smash Master
An application of this COULD be edgehugging the side to avoid a recovery, and as they try to jump over you, jumping plus nanering upwards to start a combo, OR if they are below you and hoping to get you when your invincibility frames run out, then jumping and nanering downwards?

I don't know, just a thought

Player-1

Smash Legend
I remember seeing in the ADHD Vs NL matches, NL was playing as Lucario and he pivot dropped onto the ledge while Z dropping a banana. I'm not sure if Diddy can do it though, or do it as fast, because I tried doing it, but the the only time I could get it to work is if I just run off the ledge normally and grab it, as opposed to pivot dropping where you have to FF and grab the ledge.

ADHD

Smash Hero
It's very hard to do and better to just throw the banana down imo.

Also I found something really retarted for diddy dittos XD Random but just falling nair from the ledge (not fast-falled) and it will gimp his barrels if he's forced to recover from down below.

Player-1

Smash Legend
It's very hard to do and better to just throw the banana down imo.

Also I found something really retarted for diddy dittos XD Random but just falling nair from the ledge (not fast-falled) and it will gimp his barrels if he's forced to recover from down below.
lol, **** you found out the thing I was going to pull out on our next ranked match >.>

DFEAR

Smash Hero
meh down Z/A still grabs it :\ but lol situational but cool and...

of course diddy's nair is beast but can it cancel out falco/fox side b like kirby's does? eh?

Top Bottom