• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interested in Pikachu Tourney? (Tourney Link Available!)

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Hello fellow Pikachu mains! I'm a newer member here who's very much interested in finding other Pikachus to 1v1! Not sure if this is the right spot to shove this in, but I was wondering if anyone would be into a no-custom Pika-only tourney?
Before now I had so much trouble finding Pikachu mains. and the very rare times I did encounter other Pikachus on For Glory it was a pretty fun battle! Not only do I think having the opportunity to have a small Pika-Tourney would be fun, but by watching the examples of other Pikachus some of us could improve our Pika power and pick up on other tricks. :3
That said, would anyone be into this idea? I figure getting approval would set me into gear for getting the actual tourney itself going. >u<
(As stated, i'm just a newbie here, if I have placed this incorrectly, please do not hesitate to correct me. ^u^)

EDIT: Tourney created! I encourage anyone and everyone to participate~
signups here: http://smashboards.com/threads/the-grand-pikachu-tourney-wii-u.397655/

Last edited:

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
I think this is a super good idea.
The best way for us to all learn is to learn from each-other.

I'd not only love for this to happen, but for it to be a regular thing.

I think events like this would be a great opportunity especially to help everyone explore the custom moveset options, because we'd be able to engage with others using these options as well.
To me custom moves seem potentially fun, but there's almost like a barrier it seems, and this might be a good way to help everyone be able to explore it.

You seem to be kinda second guessing yourself a little bit, have you hosted tournaments before?
Would you be wanting perhaps one of the mods to help you coordinate it or something, or is it like "Nope, I got it."

Noobie or not, anybody who's willing to make stuff happen on the board has my support.

Last edited:

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
My point exactly! Glad there's another supporter here. X3

Customs or no customs, doesn't matter to me as long as it's fair and it's fun. :3

And actually yes, I haven't hosted a tourney before, but I'd be very happy to have assistance or advice! Whether it be from another member or mod, I would need some help indeed. ouo"
But yeah, I'm hoping to make this happen :D

A10theHero

SSJ Fraud
NNID
A10theHero
This sounds pretty fun. And useful. I'm all for it! :)
I can help you set up the tournament if you want. I have some experience with hosting and TOing.
Also, if we could get someone to stream the matches, that'd be great and even more helpful.

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Sure, i'd partake in it, as a way to practice my pikachu so i can catch up to ya nacho ;3 Plus this would be a good start for these sort of things with all characters

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
AHA KEAT THERE YOU ARE X3
And thanks for the offer Hero, i'll see if I can figure the streaming stuff out once we get a good amount of people who'd be willing to participate. :3

Last edited:

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
My point exactly! Glad there's another supporter here. X3

Customs or no customs, doesn't matter to me as long as it's fair and it's fun. :3

And actually yes, I haven't hosted a tourney before, but I'd be very happy to have assistance or advice! Whether it be from another member or mod, I would need some help indeed. ouo"
But yeah, I'm hoping to make this happen :D

Well, there's a lot to do to host a tourny, you'll need a well written thread where people can officially join and share their Nintendo IDs, you'll want to have it stickied for a week in advanced probably. You'll need the bracket, that probably means making an account here: http://challonge.com and learning how to use it ( which shouldn't be hard )

I'd start by making a draft of the thread with all the rules and time, then when you think it looks good PM a mod to make sure its all proper and ask to have it stickied.

Have a week of sign ups, take peoples names and NNIDs, and then start on time.
Don't wait around and try to find the best schedule to have the largest turnout. If only 6 people sign up, thats great. Have a tourny with 6 people.

There should be a lot of tourny threads floating around you can take a look at and pretty much copypasta more or less.

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Update on this?

I'd really like to push and make this happen.

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
My apologies! I got caught up with school and forgot about this @.@
I'll see if I can get a tourney post cranked out and posted later today, and decide a date too...
Thanks for the reminder! I shall start right away :3

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Nag. Nag nag.

Nag nag nag nag, nag nag nag.

parisigns

Smash Rookie
NNID
parisigns2
3DS FC
0061-2000-8393
--------------------------[deleted]------------------------

Last edited:

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
I'm so sorry, I got in a really big funk when I accidentally broke the family washing machine and then I wasn't allowed online for a while. XD
No more excuses! It shall be done today! >u<

chainmaillekid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHAINMAILLEKID
3DS FC
1805-2525-8280
Update this thread so that the tourny info is in the OP and make note of it in the title. will make it a lot more visible to people who post here.

Top Bottom