• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Interest Check - Kearny (North Jersey)

PSIKevin

Smash Cadet
Hello everyone, I am just making this thread to see if there is anybody interested in attending a tournament in Kearny, New Jersey sometime in the near future. I am a new member to the Smash community having only gotten into competitive smash after watching the doc and after attending and competing in Apex 2014 I would love to expand the scene into my local community.

I contacted Gamer's Edge a nearby game shop and they said they were interested in hosting one, but they wanted me to post threads to generate hype and get players to come.

Kearny is roughly a 40 minute drive from Somerset NJ where Apex was, and it's half an hour away from most New York places.

If you want to help me expand Smash please consider coming or spread this around. I will be providing more information regarding date, price, and what games will be hosted as soon as I get it. Also since this would be a new project, any tips or help would be extremely appreciated. Thank you for reading!

UrBoyKyle

Smash Rookie
Yo this would be sick, I live in NA so this is super close and my friend would probably come as well.

Yuno

Smash Rookie
Me and Cleod (the guy who made smash flash) as well as others I know would definitely be interested in this, melee and/or project M

And yeah, parking would be awesome

Vino

Smash Cadet
Dude just run the tournament. Make sure to publicize it well (facebook and smashboards), that's all.

CallMeCAM

Smash Rookie
I'm in Dumont NJ and I have a nice CRTV, it's too big to carry around so I don't mind people coming to me, I can have space for 4 other people.

How are you guys in smash?

Top Bottom