• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Instant ko puch dosnt work sometimes..?

Roy115

Smash Cadet
I know I'm not important on here but... I've noticed that sometimes Little Mac's "Instant KO Punch" doesn't "instantly" KO my enemies, it just does some damage but doesn't instantly KO my enemies.... glitch..? or did Sakurai wanted that to happen? I dunno... just something I've noticed.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
It's been that way since the E3 demo.

It's strong, but by no means a guaranteed OHKO. Characters typically need to be at 30-40% for it to actually do the job.

It's also pathetically weak if you use it in midair.

Last edited:

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
It's weight and DI dependent.
Lowest you can KO at is 19% with Jigglypuff if she's holding down towards the stage.
Highest you have to get is 42% with Dedede, same thing.
Oh and Shulk with Defense Art is 68% or something.

Roy115

Smash Cadet
It's been that way since the E3 demo.

It's strong, but by no means a guaranteed OHKO. Characters typically need to be at 30-40% for it to actually do the job.

It's also pathetically weak if you use it in midair.
Ah, ok thanks for letting me know.

Roy115

Smash Cadet
It's weight and DI dependent.
Lowest you can KO at is 19% with Jigglypuff if she's holding down towards the stage.
Highest you have to get is 42% with Dedede, same thing.
Oh and Shulk with Defense Art is 68% or something.
That's helpful too, thanks for letting me know as well. :)

CharZane

Smash Apprentice
That said, if you can land a KO punch, do so-- even if it doesn't KO, using it and getting a massive chunk of free damage always beats letting the punch time out.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
The punch doesn't actually have a timer.

It only goes away if Mac gets hit hard enough to be sent into a tumble, which is why it's seriously scary in the hands of a good player.

Roy115

Smash Cadet

It only goes away if Mac gets hit hard enough to be sent into a tumble, which is why it's seriously scary in the hands of a good player.
Oh... really? I've always thought it had a timer... well good to know it doesn't! :)

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327

It has about a 5 second "invincibility" timer, where for the first 5 seconds Mac cannot lose it. After that though, it's vunerable to being lost.

Also here is a list of K.O. Punch Percentages

Last edited:

LCC Son-in-Law

Dork-in-Law
NNID
I'll add you
3DS FC
0989-1853-2327
No problem! I'm just trying to help. Info is spread all around the mac boards, so it can be a bit difficult to find ;)

Top Bottom