• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

instant DJ NIL on side platforms

vexoskeleton

Smash Apprentice
Has anybody been experimenting with using instant DJ to NIL over wavelanding when moving from base to the side platforms on bf/dl/ps at all? It seems like it's fairly faster to act out of but I don't have the frame data to support that.

Last edited:

FEOwain

Smash Apprentice
NIL's are faster than Wavelands because you suffer barely any of that stupid landing lag

Hunybear

Smash Ace
Has anybody been experimenting with using instant DJ to NIL over wavelanding when moving from base to the side platforms on bf/dl/ps at all? It seems like it's fairly faster to act out of but I don't have the frame data to support that.
yes... But you also run the risk of being hit out of your double jump. Personally I like it only on Dream Land side platforms to punish a missed tech. Aside from that I don't use it.

dreamhouse

Smash Cadet
Nil is 3 frames slower than Wavelanding on battlefields side platforms. I'm pretty sure nil is faster than Waveland on dreamland side platforms, but I apparently didn't write the frame data down when I tested it the other day.

Nil is definitely faster than Wavelanding when it comes to the top platforms.

This is all assuming you are starting from the ground, if you're already about to land after a whiffed aerial or something then djing before you hit the ground and nil will save you several frames.

Top Bottom