• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Installing on a PAL console

KiBi

Smash Rookie
Hi guys! This is my first post ever to Smashboards. Woo-hoo! Also, pardon my English skills, I'm not a native speaker.

The thing is, I want to install Project M on my Wii. The project's home site was not too supportive to us PAL users as there was "currently no release for PAL." I'm quite the newbie in these things so I request your help.

My Homebrew Channel sports the following apps which might help in installation:
Gecko 1.9.3.1
Riivolution v.1.04
USB loader GX 3.0 r1180
(Please tell if I should update any of these.)

USB loader works with a 500 GB external HDD and I have an 2 GB SD card dedicated to Wii usage. I also have a legitimate copy of Brawl (PAL version) if it helps. I would prefer booting from a USB device as I don't like the violent sound my optical drive makes when it loads the game. It is still fully functional though so if using the game disk is the only way I can live with it.

So is there any way of installing Project M in a PAL console? Many thanks if you reply and give a hand. :)

Xenozoa425

Smash Ace
NNID
tehross425
3DS FC
3754-7153-5146
You'll need an NTSC version of the game, since the codes won't work otherwise. How you're gonna find it is up to you, though.

I'd also highly recommend CFG over USB Loader GX.

KiBi

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the reply!

A friend of mine owns a NTSC copy of the game. If I duplicate it to my HDD, am I able to run Project M via CFG you recommended?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Thanks for the reply!

A friend of mine owns a NTSC copy of the game. If I duplicate it to my HDD, am I able to run Project M via CFG you recommended?
Yep, you just need to turn cheats on in the options of CFG USB Loader and everything should be in order. I personally couldn't get it to work in USB Loader GX, so I definitely recommend CFG too.

Top Bottom