• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Installing M for Dolphin was easy, EX on the other hand...

Newtothis

Smash Rookie
So I got Project M running with very little problem on Dolphin 5.0, but have had trouble getting EX running because of poor instructions. And I guess, because I was just able to download a completed sd.raw, that helped. Here's what I get when I download the folder. I guess I'm primarily confused about what to insert into the virtual SD card, and what I need to keep in my 'Games' folder to boot the game. And what files I need to just leave in the folder and not do either thing with.

If someone could show me the way I'd appreciate it. A link to a completed sd.raw with a decent guide would be even better! Basically, I'm looking for a pretty recent version, with as many 'finished' and polished characters as possible, and Netplay. That's what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks in advance.

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I totally missed this post.
Well, if vPM works for you using the virtual SD card method, PMeX should work too.
Basically, replace the pf folder on your virtual SD card with the pf folder from your PMeX build. It should work.

Newtothis

Smash Rookie
That's something I could try, interesting. Thanks. So those .elf boots aren't unique to each version of M?

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
just add the pf from the EX Build as Panudroid said, and also make sure to add the code folder to replace the other.

Newtothis

Smash Rookie
What does pf mean? Project folder? So just the 'project m' folder, not the rest? Bit confused.

Is there like a mega archive of sd card builds or something? Or links or a way to search for them?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
There is a folder called "pf" in the projectm folder. Also, I doubt there's an archive of sd.raw files. It's easy to inject builds into sd.raw anyway.

Edit: Misread your post. Uh...doubt there's a list of that. The closest thing I can think of is the search function on Brawl Vault, but most of the builds there are old and full of trashy mods. Most people I know prefer to keep their own personal build anyway.

Last edited:

vertime

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the same boat here. I tried doing what you guys said and, while it appears to use the SD codes, it crashes upon showing the Project M website page in white against a black background. It's a shame, I actually was looking forward to a whole 83 characters including the legend himself: WAAluigi.

Top Bottom