• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Why would a playable Inkling in smash be called Agent 3? That just seems confusing for those unfamiliar with the game and far less iconic or recognizable

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Really hoping Inkling is one of the first to get revealed post ballot

...If some generic RPG character or that fat aligator with a crown get in over her I'm not going to be pleased, honestly.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Really hoping Inkling is one of the first to get revealed post ballot

...If some generic RPG character or that fat aligator with a crown get in over her I'm not going to be pleased, honestly.
I wouldn't mind another RPG character, I'm going to be salty about K Rool though. Really don't want him in IMO

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
This isn't really the place for K Rool discussion, but you should probably brace yourself for his highly likely reveal in the future lol. That being said, I read up on that recent ESRB leak. Doesn't exactly confirm anything even if its real.

Also, splatfest starts up about now right. #Teamwaterslide for the win. Won't play until I get some sleep...

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This isn't really the place for K Rool discussion, but you should probably brace yourself for his highly likely reveal in the future lol. That being said, I read up on that recent ESRB leak. Doesn't exactly confirm anything even if its real.

Also, splatfest starts up about now right. #Teamwaterslide for the win. Won't play until I get some sleep...
YAY! #TeamWaterSlides4Life

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
YAY! #TeamWaterSlides4Life
I got about 24 shells from the last splatfest and wasted most of them rerolling for perks with terrible luck. I can't even get sets I want 90% of the time...

Do you guys use chargers? My favorite weapon is the new squiffer.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I got about 24 shells from the last splatfest and wasted most of them rerolling for perks with terrible luck. I can't even get sets I want 90% of the time...

Do you guys use chargers? My favorite weapon is the new squiffer.
Same here - one of the main weapons I use is the Classic Squiffer

Given that Europe and Australia have a different Splatfest theme - I'll be on Team Sleeping.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Same here - one of the main weapons I use is the Classic Squiffer

Given that Europe and Australia have a different Splatfest theme - I'll be on Team Sleeping.
B-But.. Eating...

I'm such a foodie. (I'd insert a Splatoon emoticon here if one existed) -_-

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
Anyways, I kinda updated a small portion of the site in my sig, I put in a part of "Sakurai's Four Criteria of DOOOOOOOOM" Would really appreciate your guy's opinion on it. Also, again, feel free to ask me to put anything in the site, I'd be glad to help! I like everyones opinions! Plus, I'm going to add supporters comments, I'm going to pull a few from here, but yeah, I love you guys. (If my sig doesn't show up on this one, try going to my other posts, SmashBoards is really odd to me sometimes. Like it either does or doesn't show my sig)

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Anyways, I kinda updated a small portion of the site in my sig, I put in a part of "Sakurai's Four Criteria of DOOOOOOOOM" Would really appreciate your guy's opinion on it. Also, again, feel free to ask me to put anything in the site, I'd be glad to help! I like everyones opinions! Plus, I'm going to add supporters comments, I'm going to pull a few from here, but yeah, I love you guys. (If my sig doesn't show up on this one, try going to my other posts, SmashBoards is really odd to me sometimes. Like it either does or doesn't show my sig)
Is that a proposal?

btw Your sig only appears on your first post on that page of the thread.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Your sig only shows up for your first post on every page. I'll look at the site

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Yes, tell me something! I really want to make the site super fresh!

Signatures are magic
I was talking about the I love you guys part. Its a joke.

btw I was thinking, what type of move do you guys think Inkling's down B will be (puns!).

There are so much sub weapons that could fit this although I think Splatbombs have the best chance.

Sirlinkerz

Smash Apprentice
NNID
linkerz999
I was talking about the I love you guys part. Its a joke.

btw I was thinking, what type of move do you guys think Inkling's down B will be (puns!).

There are so much sub weapons that could fit this although I think Splatbombs have the best chance.
A lot of the movesets I've seen always use the Splatbomb. Since it's identical to the Links

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I'll read the site and give some moveset thoughts tomorrow. I've been staying up watching EVO and the stream for today is just about over.

I'd prefer if the down b was different than Link's bombs. Just for originality. I wouldnt like it but they could even have the ink wall , shield or whatever its called as a down b although that isnt too clever either. Again I'll think about it more tomorrow.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'll read the site and give some moveset thoughts tomorrow. I've been staying up watching EVO and the stream for today is just about over.

I'd prefer if the down b was different than Link's bombs. Just for originality. I wouldnt like it but they could even have the ink wall , shield or whatever its called as a down b although that isnt too clever either. Again I'll think about it more tomorrow.
I think the Inkwall would serve better as a item and fyi its called the Bubble Shield.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I'd say splat bombs are just sent out in an arc on a timer without the need to charge but the ability to aim.
Maybe like Yoshi's eggs but it has a timer instead of breaking on contact.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
I think the Inkwall would serve better as a item and fyi its called the Bubble Shield.
I was referring to just the ink wall but wasn't sure of the name. The bubble shield can just be their normal shield whenever they're shielding. They did something similar for Yoshi. I'd back the ink grenade idea if the bombs don't explode on contact and just roll for a little like in Splatoon before exploding. That reminds me. Splatfest time. More on movesets and websites later.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Will edit later- any suggestions? I am going out for a bit before trying and finish this.

Gimmick: Ink sprayed stays on the stage for several seconds. Neutral B and Down B work together to use and refill ink, but you can choose to wait a bit for ink grenades to be usable again. No other move uses the ink meter. Ink has a very low chance of causing tripping.

A: Ink brush slap. Hit A multiple times to continue slapping with the ink brush.

Ftilt: Splattershot. Can be held for continuous shots.
Utilt:
Dtilt: Suction Bomb.

Dash Attack: Slap the roller down and roll forward.

Usmash: Blaster shot. Charging will make a larger end explosion.
Fsmash: Charger shot. Charging will make it shoot out further.
Dsmash: Slap the Roller down. Charging it will make the roller have a longer splash range.

Nair:
Uair:
Fair:
Bair:
Dair:

Grab:

Pummel: Throw a quick succession of splat bombs straight down on the victim. (Every play against an E-liter? this is how they deal with close targets.)

Fthrow:
Bthrow:
Uthrow:
Dthrow:

B: Throws an ink grenade in an arc when tapped, but if you hold it you will roll the ink grenade along the ground which will cause it to detonate faster. You must wait a small amount after using the move before you can use it again so the ink can 'recharge.' A light on top of the canister on their back will flash when they can throw ink grenades again, just like in Splatoon.

Side B:

Up B: First time it is used (on the ground) it will place down a squid beakon (It has about double the HP of Villager's tree) and second time it is used the inkling will super jump to squid beakon. If used in the air prior to placing a squid beakon you will jump straight up and wont have any vertical motion until free fall (Like super jumping to the spawn point while you are standing in the spawn point in Splatoon.) Offers a lot of super armor but has some lag upon landing similar to how in Splatoon you are invincible during the super jump but it is easy to tell where you will land and easy to kill someone upon them landing.

Down B: Turn into squid form and hide in any ink on stage and move. This move will also refill ink faster.

Final smash: Inkstrike or Inkzooka?

Taunt 1: The 'Booyah' rally cry and fist bump.
Taunt 2: The 'C'mon' cry and animation.
Taunt 3: Win animation for the shooter class. Toss your gun up and grab it in air.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Will edit later- any suggestions? I am going out for a bit before trying and finish this.

Gimmick: Ink sprayed stays on the stage for several seconds. Neutral B and Down B work together to use and refill ink, but you can choose to wait a bit for ink grenades to be usable again. No other move uses the ink meter. Ink has a very low chance of causing tripping.

A: Ink brush slap. Hit A multiple times to continue slapping with the ink brush.

Ftilt: Splattershot. Can be held for continuous shots.
Utilt:
Dtilt: Suction Bomb.

Dash Attack: Slap the roller down and roll forward.

Usmash: Blaster shot. Charging will make a larger end explosion.
Fsmash: Charger shot. Charging will make it shoot out further.
Dsmash: Slap the Roller down. Charging it will make the roller have a longer splash range.

Nair:
Uair:
Fair:
Bair:
Dair:

Grab:

Pummel: Throw a quick succession of splat bombs straight down on the victim. (Every play against an E-liter? this is how they deal with close targets.)

Fthrow:
Bthrow:
Uthrow:
Dthrow:

B: Throws an ink grenade in an arc when tapped, but if you hold it you will roll the ink grenade along the ground which will cause it to detonate faster. You must wait a small amount after using the move before you can use it again so the ink can 'recharge.' A light on top of the canister on their back will flash when they can throw ink grenades again, just like in Splatoon.

Side B:

Up B: First time it is used (on the ground) it will place down a squid beakon (It has about double the HP of Villager's tree) and second time it is used the inkling will super jump to squid beakon. If used in the air prior to placing a squid beakon you will jump straight up and wont have any vertical motion until free fall (Like super jumping to the spawn point while you are standing in the spawn point in Splatoon.) Offers a lot of super armor but has some lag upon landing similar to how in Splatoon you are invincible during the super jump but it is easy to tell where you will land and easy to kill someone upon them landing.

Down B: Turn into squid form and hide in any ink on stage and move. This move will also refill ink faster.

Final smash: Inkstrike or Inkzooka?

Taunt 1: The 'Booyah' rally cry and fist bump.
Taunt 2: The 'C'mon' cry and animation.
Taunt 3: Win animation for the shooter class. Toss your gun up and grab it in air.
I like your smash attacks and would probably suggest something similar. I'm not a fan of the down b turning into a squid. I think the squid should be used for a dash attack and maybe a spot dodge/roll. If they really want something unique, inkling could sink into the ground whenever the down direction is held on the controller instead of ducking.

That up B is interesting. It's true to the game but I'm not sure how I feel about it. Sounds like DDD's up B on the way up. I'm guessing it would have a weak hit? Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize Inkling should recover with some form of the super jump. It's almost too obvious.

Maybe your suggested B move would work better as a down B like others suggested for grenades.

Last thing. They should have the stay fresh pose as a taunt.

Looking forward to the rest as well as what others have to say/propose for move sets

Top Bottom