• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling for Smash! Let's Make Like Squid and Migrate!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Ordered the special eddition. The ones that came with all three amiibo were sold out but I managed to get one with a green squid and a t-shirt my size.

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
I like the idea of manipulating the stage with ink. It's something we don't have in Smash Bros yet, and it's a cool idea. One thing I was wondering though is whether ink should be a permanent or temporary stage effect as if there is not another inkling, the character can ink the entire stage and move right through it. Or maybe as you ink new parts of the stage, previously inked areas can become uninked depending on how much the inkling has inked?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
Ordered the special eddition. The ones that came with all three amiibo were sold out but I managed to get one with a green squid and a t-shirt my size.
That shirt looks awesome btw. Too bad it probably isn't coming here to NA.

With that said, it looks like the amiibos and amiibo set isn't going to be common like everyone hoped. So me stalking the amazon page is now justified.

Still, this is just a little too much Nintendo. *sigh*

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
That shirt looks awesome btw. Too bad it probably isn't coming here to NA.

With that said, it looks like the amiibos and amiibo set isn't going to be common like everyone hoped. So me stalking the amazon page is now justified.

Still, this is just a little too much Nintendo. *sigh*
I know how you feel, I called my local Gamestop and they said they stopped pre orders for the Amiibo hours after being announced. The Splatoon ones are some of the ones I want the most.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
The cover of the latest issue of the Edge magazine features Splatoon:

Last edited:

AvionFinch

Smash Cadet
Not gonna lie, that's beautiful. Is that the kind of magazine you can just grab at a store?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31z53f/amiibo_functionality_in_splatoon_revealed_edge/

So we know the full functionality of the amiibos.

Each comes with 15 missions and 5 pieces of unlockable equipment.

So we know some of the equipment so far:
Female Inkling:
1. Hair Clip 2. School Girl Uniform
Male Inkling:
1. Samurai
Squid
1. Space-like Amour

We also know how the missions work thanks to the treehouse, so this should be interesting to see what else is in store.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Reila

Well, I am glad there is no voice chat in the game. Having to mute teammates in every match would get old really fast.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not sure if it's the best option overall, but I can respect the rationale behind it. I don't play with voice chat anyway, so it's no issue to me.

shuun

Smash Rookie
Put me in the supporter list de-geso xD
But well, no voice chat isn't this much of a deal, i wonder why people are making a fuzz out of it.

Reila

Put me in the supporter list de-geso xD
But well, no voice chat isn't this much of a deal, i wonder why people are making a fuzz out of it.
Because people always have to find something to complain about. If anything, content locked behind amiibo is way worse than no voice chat.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Because people always have to find something to complain about. If anything, content locked behind amiibo is way worse than no voice chat.
It's bad if it's giving an advantage.

Although it kinda act like a day one DLC, so it's bad in this way.

Reila

It's bad if it's giving an advantage.

Although it kinda act like a day one DLC, so it's bad in this way.
It is bad because amiibos are next to impossible to find outside the United States, Japan and a few European countries. So besides the fact they are locking stuff behind the amiibos, a lot of people can't even buy the damn things.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Don't know why I haven't really posted here before :p

I originally thought of Inklings to be more of a shoe in for Sma5h than a newcomer for Sm4sh, when it came to when they were revealed. Now that DLC has come to stay, I can proudly say these guys are my number 2 support for a newcomer.
Honestly, I think they're in the top 3 in likelihood for newcomer DLC, so let's raise a toast and get ink-faced when they splatter on the battleifeld!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
It is bad because amiibos are next to impossible to find outside the United States, Japan and a few European countries. So besides the fact they are locking stuff behind the amiibos, a lot of people can't even buy the damn things.
Never fought of that actually... Yet I don't live in a huge town so finding amiibos can be hard.

But if it's not giving unfair advantages, it's "fine".

Although locking a schoolgirl outfit via amiibos is maybe the biggest commercial move from Nintendo :troll:

Last edited:

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/31z53f/amiibo_functionality_in_splatoon_revealed_edge/

So we know the full functionality of the amiibos.

Each comes with 15 missions and 5 pieces of unlockable equipment.

So we know some of the equipment so far:
Female Inkling:
1. Hair Clip 2. School Girl Uniform
Male Inkling:
1. Samurai
Squid
1. Space-like Amour

We also know how the missions work thanks to the treehouse, so this should be interesting to see what else is in store.
Love how you can customize your inkling with clothing, but don't like how I probably won't be able to find any Amiibo. I'd love my Inkling to run around like a samurai!

I can imagine Inkling palette swaps to be similar to Villager with different clothes and colors and genders.

Reila

Never fought of that actually... Yet I don't live in a huge town so finding amiibos can be hard.

But if it's not giving unfair advantages, it's "fine".

Although locking a schoolgirl outfit via amiibos is maybe the biggest commercial move from Nintendo :troll:
Right, it isn't that bad in Splatoon, but they already started locking whole game modes behind amiibo (see: Mario Party 10), so it will only get worse.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Right, it isn't that bad in Splatoon, but they already started locking whole game modes behind amiibo (see: Mario Party 10), so it will only get worse.
Yep, that's what I fear. Although the Amiibo Party isn't really appealing at all.

Spyro839

Smash Cadet
I support inkling for smash as well. I have my own moveset for inkling and everything. Could i be added as a supporter

Love how you can customize your inkling with clothing, but don't like how I probably won't be able to find any Amiibo. I'd love my Inkling to run around like a samurai!

I can imagine Inkling palette swaps to be similar to Villager with different clothes and colors and genders.
What if the octoling was an alternate skin?

The moves involving her tentacle hair, if they use the boy version of the inkling, then how will the tentacle hair work, since the male inklings hair are tied in a ponytail.

I also have a moveset for inkling http://spyro123839.deviantart.com/journal/Inkling-for-sm4sh-526147698

Last edited by a moderator:

SpatialPSI

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Regent_EX
3DS FC
1091-7941-1344

Reila

What if the octoling was an alternate skin?
I wouldn't mind that. The eight alts could be three girls, three boys, Octoling with the default color and Octoling with alternate color.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Are there male and female octolings or are they all the same gender?
We haven't really seen what looks like a male octoling yet. Their tumblr even captioned an octoling picture with 'Are there male octolings?' or something along those lines.

Edit:
there is both i guess you missed the ones referred to as boys
Ooooh link plz

Last edited:
Top Bottom