• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inkling AND Callie and Marie for Smash 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C3CC

Smash Lord
We all know Splatoon is getting a rep in the next Smash game. It's just obvious. The thing was not only a commercial, but also a critical success.

So, I think we will be getting the Inklings as newcomers in the next Smash game, along with a very creative moveset that could be composed of Splattershots, Roller, Sloshers, Brushes and whatnot. Maybe they will even incorporate the ink feature so they are slow runners but can swim really fast.

However, we can't just ignore Callie and Marie, who have climbed to become some of the most recognized characters from the franchise (even more than the standard Inklings in my opinion), to the point where they're even giving concerts in Europe and all. They even got their own amiibo. So, I think it's not out of the realms of possibility that they could both join Smash 5 as playable characters as well. I would like this because they are some pretty well recognized figures, but at the same time, I don't know how they would work. Would they be a tag-team like the Ice Climbers? Would they have a moveset like the Inklings (which I think would be redundant)? We do know that along with being pop icons, they are -SPOILER ALERT- agents who fight evil, so they can fight. Would they be semi-clones of each other?

I think it would be interesting to see both of them as playable. I'd really like to see it, actually. I just don't know how they could work. Then again, if they have made others like Fox and Captain Falcon work, I'm sure they can do it again. What do you think?

AlRex

Smash Lord
Personally, I'd like to see them be either NPC's in a potential new Story Mode, giving commentary on the characters and matches themselves, or just have them be alternate skins for the regular Inkling, along with the standard girl/boy ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom