• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Inhale has "wind"?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
I noticed Kirby's inhale now has a wind effect sucking opponents just outside of his range, effectively extending it(not sure though). What actually happened was that my friend playing MK was just outside inhale's range and his cape got blown towards me, then he rolled but didn't move away(just got stuck in front of me).
The thing is I'm not sure if this happened due to inhale or it was the stage...
I also noticed Toon Link has "wind" on his dair pushing opponents away(as you land) if you miss it by just a bit, just like G&W's uair.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
is that kind of like glancing blows?
No, glancing blows occur when hitboxes are tangent to the other character(phantom hits in melee).
In this cases you miss completely but not by much(1-1.5 steps).
In T.Link's case it's like his dsmash range and in G&W's it's over him(one G&W up and a bit to the sides).

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Info on Kirby's Inhale:
There's a short distance in front of Kirby that "grabs" the opponent and pulls him into Kirby's mouth.
A very short distance beyond this is a weak pull that can slide an opponent toward Kirby's mouth so that the "grab" will take effect.
A very short distance beyond that is a "suction" effect that will change the animation of certain elements (such as capes, ponytails, etc) so that they're being sucked toward Kirby, but no other movement or effect takes place.
All distance beyond that is unaffected by Kirby's Inhale.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Info on Kirby's Inhale:
There's a short distance in front of Kirby that "grabs" the opponent and pulls him into Kirby's mouth.
A very short distance beyond this is a weak pull that can slide an opponent toward Kirby's mouth so that the "grab" will take effect.
A very short distance beyond that is a "suction" effect that will change the animation of certain elements (such as capes, ponytails, etc) so that they're being sucked toward Kirby, but no other movement or effect takes place.
All distance beyond that is unaffected by Kirby's Inhale.
Example:

Top Bottom