• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Information for a New Bowser

Maruken

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moraken
Hi, I recently found a large interest in playing games with Bowser, and I want to try and play him at a competitive level. This is the first character I've ever considered getting competitive with, so I need some advice.

The things I know about Bowser at the moment are:
- He's a defensive character, that means reading the opponent and finding an opportunity to attack
- His throws, jab and Ftilt are the most efficient way (for me) to rack up damage
- His kill moves that I find myself killing with are Side-B, Bair, Up-B, Fsmash, and Ftilt (at very high percents)
- Fair to space and edge guard with
- OOS Up-B is very reliable
- Grounded Down-B for cheesy shield breaks into Fsmash

Are there any other tricks I should know? I feel like Neutral-B has a purpose, and I'm not too sure how to edge guard properly. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

B!squick

Smash Master
We have various topics for your perusal. Find one with an appropriate title that interests you and have at. You have a pretty good jist of it though. But use a lot more USmash if you're not killing with it. Also, pivot grab.

Top Bottom