• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info Leak on Big Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genopoly

Smash Rookie
Greetings!

I am using a new name and a new account due to a privacy issue with some very determined community members that nearly compromised one of my source contacts. Because of this, I cannot provide my old username. I take the privacy of my source's identity very seriously. (No, this is not Vergeben. Just think of me as someone completely new from now on!)

My source contacts have come across a gold-mine of information regarding new content recently in several big titles on the Nintendo Switch. This information was collectively released over the past week. I'll begin with what I believe is the most intriguing.

[Warning: The following contains major spoilers]

- Super Smash Bros Ultimate -
Almost all DLC characters:

The first character is indeed a Square Enix representative, but it is NOT Geno. As a Geno fan myself, I found this very disappointing. They could not tell me the name of the new character.

The second character is Waddle Dee, from the Kirby series. I asked to confirm that this is not Bandana Waddle Dee. It is not, though I imagine they will include that design as a skin.

The third character is apparently another Metroid representative...They could not tell me the name.

The fourth character is unknown to me. It will remain a mystery for now.

The final character is Steve, from Minecraft. (Sadly...sorry I hate this part)

I do not know when these will be announced, and what order the middle three characters will be announced in.

- Super Mario Party -
Update Confirmed

Super Mario Party will be receiving at least two free updates in the future. This will include 2 new characters, 1 new board map, and 4 new minigames, from each update.

The first update includes Pauline and Ukiki as characters, with a map titled "New Donk Skyway"

The second update is Zelda themed, with Zelda and Poe as characters, with a map titled "Gallery of the Royal Family"

The first pack will be announced by February 2019. I do not know if there are any plans after this.

- Metroid Prime 4 -
Trailer Confirmed

I was told that we will finally be seeing a trailer for Metroid Prime 4 on December 6th, right before the release of Super Smash Bros Ultimate. That should be the first thing on this list to be publicly confirmed!

- Mario Tennis Aces -
New update far in the future

Despite the already known incoming characters, there will be more in the distant future. I do not know which characters will be added quite yet, other than Kamek. This update will also bring a huge section of story added to the story mode. I only know that this will be announced next year.

My sources did not have any new information on Animal Crossing.

See you in a month!

Recent Update
I still can't figure out the fourth character. While there is information regarding Dragon Quest, I cannot tell yet if it is pointing to a playable character or not. It certainly is NOT Banjo and Kazooie.

Based on new information, I was wrong to place the characters in an order. In fact, Steve will be second, following the Square Enix character. The last three characters are still in an unknown order as of posting this.

As a quick side note, please notice that my sources are plural. This did not all come from one place. This is a large compilation of information from many places. So far, there have been no contradictions between sources.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Got any info on when the first Smash DLC character would/should be announced or released?

Genopoly

Smash Rookie
Got any info on when the first Smash DLC character would/should be announced or released?
While I do not have a date yet, there are many important dates in February for other non-relevant information being released. I can assume for now that it will be in February along with the other information, possibly in the form of a Direct. This is not a confirmation, just an educated guess.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Leak threads are not allowed.

If you have information, contact the Staff itself first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom