• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Info [DAC & RBG]

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I've been trying this for awhile, though I haven't perfected it, I'm able to connect it a few with a D-Throw or the during a chaingrab.

Basically, if you know how to do the DAC it might help. If you don't, check it.

Gattling Combo: [DAC]

Leave your control settings neutral. C-Stick set to smashes. It's pretty easy. Run with Joystick forward, hit the C-Stick down as it is set to Smashes, Up on the Joystick and Z at the same time. If done correctly, you should perform a Dash Attack Cancel. To make it connect though, you must have hit an opponent to do this. If not touching your opponent/CPU at all, it will result in a regular Dash Attack.

Here's a model as to show what you do.

1) Joystick → [Forward]
2) C-Stick [Downwards]
3) Joystick ↑ [Upwards] + Z Button

---

Reverse Boost Grab:

Pretty similar to DAC. Control settings to neutral, C-Stick set on Smashes. As an example, let's say you grab a CPU, 0%. You are on the corner of the stage, as he/she/it is directly to the left of you. Grab, as about to start a Chaingrab. D-Throw. As soon as it ends, or right after he has shot the lasers, Joystick to left/right, depending on what side you or your opponent is facing. As to this example, you will be moving it to the left, or as it is, forward. Run, and hit down on the C-Stick making you do a Dash Attack, but that's not what your aiming for. As soon as you do it, hit the Joystick to the Right/Left depending on situation. Right in this one, and Z at the same time. Succesfully, you should have sled right behind the CPU, grabbing it as well. You will not be on the left side, as it will be more to the corner of the stage.

1) Joystick - Forward
2) C-Stick - Downwards
3) Joystick - Forward [Opposite] + Z

It takes time, and practice. I still have yet to get it working, though I seemed to find it easier by in Training Mode, setting the speeds to differently. As to 1/4, 1/2, 2/3 and 1.

If I made a mistake please say. I'm not to advanced with it, but I'm trying. ;]

Different names for each move.

-Gattling Combo (?)
-DLX (?)
-Dash-Attack Cancel

-Reverse Boost Grab
-
-

If you could help fill in the "-" it'd be nice. I don't know all the names as to what the other call the moves, so it'd be nice if you could post it.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Reverse Boost Grab aka Pivot Boost Grab if I'm not mistaken.

You got down the basics right, it is also possible to do Gattling with dash attacking with run + a, then up on the c-stick as it connects. However, I don't think you can BOOST SMASH this way, so it is also good to learn the method you mentioned.

For me, it works heaps easier for some strange reason if Tap Jump is "OFF".

Top Bottom