• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite U-Air ledge cancel

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
This isn't necessarily very useful, but I just found out that this is possible so I thought it was worth sharing. With very specific timing, you are able to SH uair, ledge cancel it, and instantly jump again and maneuver yourself to cancel it again, and repeat this as many times as you can.

While I don't think it has many practical uses other than showing off and perhaps applying anti-air pressure, it is actually extremely useful for practicing ledge cancels with Bowser, and I think that there are a lot of things to experiment with with this.

Edit: Just also discovered that on Battlefield (haven't tested with other stages but I'm sure this is also possible on Yoshi's) you can ledge cancel any aerial on the inner ledge of either side platform and NIL on the top platform. I can imagine the followups for this would be incredible if you pull it off mid combo, uair instant utilt was the first thing that came to mind. Maybe you could even grab off of it in some situations, not really sure but that would be amazing.

Will report back with any new ledge cancel strats in this thread

Edit 2: I just keep finding more. It is possible to jump from ledge, do an aerial, ledge cancel it, and regrab ledge. I could see this being very useful for edgeguarding spacies, probably would be useful for Falcon and Ganondorf as well. I imagine bair would be the most useful here.

I also could see this being used to punish a bad recovery on, say, Sheik or Marth. Ledge cancel uair into another uair, or maybe even a straight up kill at high percent.

Last edited:

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I do this often against Peaches. When they drift inside the stage pretty high on Battlefield, I do a uair, cancel it and either do another uair, which goes just slightly higher, or NIL utilt.

Bowser slides a lot when landing, so it's definitely possible. A easy setup on Battlefield: Line up with the dot in the middle below the side platforms; full jump uair and drift toward the center of the stage. Or if you go toward the outside, jump on the line between the purple and grey part of the stage.

Last edited:

gmBottles

Fun Haver
NNID
komfyking
Well you can also set it up with just a short hop, which is a hell of a lot faster, you just have to be able to move precisely enough to not miss the ledge cancel entirely.

And I sorta figured the uair cancels would work best on Peach and other floaties. I need to incorporate it into my play now.

Synnett

Alligator Lord
I looked, and a setup for the shffl on the platform would be at around 1/3 of the platform, on pretty much every stage I guess. Also, if you waveland from the ledge, it puts you right on the spot on Battlefield. There you can just full up aerial ledge cancel lmao.

Top Bottom