• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Turnips? ._.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Something really weird happened today when I was smashing with some friends. It was a Sheik vs Peach match and when Peach pulled out a turnip and threw it, it vanished half way. He kept throwing turnips without any "pulling" animation. It was as if after it was thrown, it teleported back into Peaches hands. What happened before that was, Peach threw a Turnip at Sheik, Sheik caught it and threw it back. That repeated 4-6 times before Sheik missed the catch, and then that glitch happened.

br4n

Smash Apprentice
wow thats really weird, never heard of anything like that. has anyone else? you guys should **** around and see if you can recreate it :z

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Actually it has already been found out and is in the turnip guide.

"The 'long turnip' trick:
This trick is when peach consistently grabs a turnip, and does many standard smash throws at an opponent, then regrabs the turnip with a standing A, what happens is that the distance from which peach begins to be able to reclaim the turnip is quite far. It gets to the point where Peach can throw the turnip off the edge and then reclaim it by pressing 'A'

The way this works is that turnips have a grabable hitbox, when you throw a turnip and it hits the enemy, for whatever reason, the grabbable hit box (which starts off roughly slightly bigger than the turnip) will double in size, meaning that you wont need to be as close to it to grab it again. Every successive throw keeps doubling the hitbox in size, where soon the turnip's grabbable hit box takes up half the screen (thus allowing her to throw it off the edge and reclaim it) unfortunately, the turnip usually expires at this point, so it has no practical use. Mr saturn works in a similar fashion, but the hit box grows in size very slowly."

Grunt

Smash Master
If you press Down B and then A, you can throw Turnips infinitely!
...Oh wait...
that's weird.

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8b9rTaL3wI

Is it like this? I'm pretty sure this is what you're talking about. Man, it would be so nice to be able to pull a turnip into your hand without the picking up animation.

Man the stuff I would do to Falcon.. not having to worry about getting knee'd when I pick up a turnip LOL. Too good.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Will a stitchface last long enough for this to happen? Because they can't be regrabbed as much as a :) turnip.

Top Bottom