• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Swim Time?

In brawl you can swim, I think squirtle should have infinite swim time cause... He's a water type pokemon and he's turtle. It wouldn't make sense for him to drown.

So yeah and how will charizard swim with that whole tail goes out and he dies thingy?

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I'm supposing it would work like this

squirtle: can swim infinitely
Ivysaur: swims normally
charizard: swims for either a very short time or not at all.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
That would work well, but I think Sakurai will overlook this, and all the pokemon will swim normally. The whole swimming issue is shady anyway. I'm very curious about it. Remember: if it worked the way that the OP described it, then strange things might logically follow, i.e. Charizard can "swim" in Norfair lava.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
as for Charizard's tail going out in water...on the surface he keeps his tail out and when he falls its burning so intensely that it doesnt go out....

and I do think that Squirtle should swim forever...

Chepe

Smash Lord
In one episode of the anime, Ash's Charizard was launched by another into water where he was completely submerged, tail and all. When he came back up, his tail flame was fine when he poked it out of the water...

I think all the Pokemon will swim like anyone else, and Charizard still be hurt by lava. But, since Ice Climbers were given special traction that let them walk normally on slippery surfaces, perhaps he will give Squirtle and Charizard those appropriate features...

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Its hard to say at this point, but the possibility is certainly there.

Charziard= best recovery out of water (he can glide, and might have 6 jump!), worst in water
venusaur= both are avg. (perhaps he has a tether recovery with his vines?)
squirtle= worst recovery out of the water, best in the water

It would make sense...

Chepe

Smash Lord
Its hard to say at this point, but the possibility is certainly there.

Charziard= best recovery out of water (he can glide, and might have 6 jump!), worst in water
venusaur= both are avg. (perhaps he has a tether recovery with his vines?)
squirtle= worst recovery out of the water, best in the water

It would make sense...
But water isnt a common element in stages, so it would be kinda unfair to give Squirtle only good recovery in the water... And IVYsaur does in fact have a tether Up B, look in the Dojo...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I used to NEVER give my team HM's until they added the move deleter person

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
For real, 90 power 100 acc is way good.
Well I replaced it with something better...

So obviously there is a better move that doesn't have that bad of accuracy

...Don't remember what though

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
It'll just be the same. Charizard can keep his flame alight in water and Squirtle...well iduno but it doesn't seem like you'd want to stay in the water for long anyways. Seems like it leaves you open to attacks from above.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
In one episode of the anime, Ash's Charizard was launched by another into water where he was completely submerged, tail and all. When he came back up, his tail flame was fine when he poked it out of the water...

I think all the Pokemon will swim like anyone else, and Charizard still be hurt by lava. But, since Ice Climbers were given special traction that let them walk normally on slippery surfaces, perhaps he will give Squirtle and Charizard those appropriate features...
yeah but he went up fast and it possible that his tail is hotter than a charmander

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
ummm just wondering somthing.....when and where did it say that you can swim in brawl??? or is everyone assuming this? i'm just confused

HaXer

Smash Cadet
I have nothing another idear

There is three choice:

1. It can't go swim or just little time.

2. In it tail there shoiel or something like that.

3. Chari afraid water or just die is it touch that.

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
ummm just wondering somthing.....when and where did it say that you can swim in brawl??? or is everyone assuming this? i'm just confused
There's at least one video floating around where Pikachu can be seen floating at Delfino Plaza, and I think it was confirmed by some people at E for All. You can also see it in one of the screenshots from the update for the Summit.

Galvanic

Smash Journeyman
What I'd like to see in Brawl; Charzard reacting to water the same way everyone else does to lava (ie, bouncing on it while taking damage)

RoxasXIII

Smash Journeyman
There's at least one video floating around where Pikachu can be seen floating at Delfino Plaza, and I think it was confirmed by some people at E for All. You can also see it in one of the screenshots from the update for the Summit.
swimming, dont think it exists. after that one picture of king dedede in the water and everybody thinks you can swim. that was king dedede right before he DIES! if they have swimming, it should be an ability only givin to a select few, like gliding was givin to charizard, pit, and Meta Knight.

Meta Knight Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Well maybe charizard would react to touching water as a normal person would to touching lave and vice-versa. He may be unnafected by lava (in the anime he falls right into a volcano and comes out fine), and me he would just jump up at touching water like aMario would to touching lava.

•Col•

Smash Champion
swimming, dont think it exists. after that one picture of king dedede in the water and everybody thinks you can swim. that was king dedede right before he DIES! if they have swimming, it should be an ability only givin to a select few, like gliding was givin to charizard, pit, and Meta Knight.

Meta Knight Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No, you're wrong. It was confirmed at E for All that you can swim in certain stages with water like Delfino Plaza. Go watch some videos of the Brawl demo and get some info. before making a bold statement like that.

Also, have you even read Gimpyfish's thread?
(1.) If yes, he stated that you could swim for a limited ammount of time, and all characters could do it (Even Sonic, although he's not supossed to be able to).
(2.) If not, I suggest you do. It has tons of info. and impressions about the Brawl demo at E for All.

Edit: Here's a vid that shows some of the characters swimming. http://youtube.com/watch?v=bIE6MA-zzw0(About 1 minute in.)

Top Bottom