• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Second Jump Recovery applications

???????

Smash Journeyman
A discussion on what applications the Infinite Second Jump Recovery may have for Mario specifically.

*Most likely useful for Mario's Wall of Pain*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Whoa..:( How the hell did I missed this? Mario has an infinite jump?Sorry for being late to the info in all but how do you do it? Been busy as of late man,forgive me.
The "infinite" jump is where is you do an aerial attack and then IMMEDIATELY upon hitting the ground you jump and symaltaneously perform another aerial. The timing is kind of tricky though and I can only do it in training mode.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I can only use it successfully in matches with the Dair, but I believe it could have some potential once mastered with all aerials that can perform it.

*Nair, Bair, and Uair are very hard for me to do consistently*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Personally, I have the easiest time doing it with people's Nairs. I can tell you one thing though, Mario's aerial game would be something to first because of it? Chasing after your opponents with a continous bair would be pretty imtimidating against most characters except probably Olimar.

???????

Smash Journeyman
Could someone help confirm whether or not fireballs and the cape can be used for ISJR?

*I believe ISJR works for the cape but I'm not positive*

studly

Smash Ace
when i first started maining mario i was trying to do this with mario's bairs...its nearly useless unless u manage to do two bairs or a bair and an up air and then perform the nest mini-series of aerials

???????

Smash Journeyman
I see potential doing this with the Dair, Bair, cape, and the fireballs (If even possible); remember that you can still fast fall the aerials.

*ISJR is at least a good approach technique, if nothing else*

Help!

Smash Journeyman
i see potential but i don't really know how to do it and can't so videos would be nice of mario cause i'm not too sure what the timing is.

???????

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but the timing is difficult for me as well; I've only just began consistently doing the ISJR with the Dair and Nair (The timing is very strict and will be very difficult to master).

*There's not much advice I can give you, I simply felt around different aerial timings until I began performing the technique correctly*

*A video of Mario doing this would help considerably*

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
I don't exactly think it's gamebreaking...I mean it works so well with Bowser's SideB because it's a grab...I can see people using this but it's not going to be anything special

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
It's not really all that special you can still approach or retreat with SHBairs. Also with SHBairs you don't have to worry about pinpoint timing or using your second jump

Don't get me wrong I do believe this is useful but not so much for Mario as it is for other characters like Marth

Top Bottom