• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Pocket Duration?! - Way to activate glitch found!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So Im in training mode right now. One laser sword in hand, one laser sword in pocket.

The laser sword in my pocket has been there for several minutes, and I can take it out whenever I want without it disappearing, same for the other sword when its pocketed as I take out the other sword.

How I did this, exactly, is a mystery to me, but I DO know that I used aerial down B (shoulder-wiggle) a few times, chopped a tree, and wiggled some more.

Unpocketing, dropping, and repocketing the item makes it vanish as usual, however.

So like

shoulder-wiggle OP?

EDIT:

How to do it:

Have 1 item in hand, and 1 item in pocket. Either grow > chop tree or do aerial down B (shoulder wiggle) and both items will have infinite pocket time.

You can toss item in hand, and item in pocket will remain infinitely.

If you switch the items, they will retain their infinite durability properties. However, having only the item in the pocket, and unpocketing > repocketing will lead to it vanishing as usual.

EDIT2:

VIDEO

Last edited:

AnchorTea

Smash Lord
NNID
AnchorageTea
This needs to be solved because we can have TWO might Wood Chips at our disposal!!

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
So basically if you have a woodchip you can keep robs gyro, didds bannana, etc. In your pocket until you die.

Does this also work on pocketed projectiles that aren't items? Such as WFT header? It would be awesome to be able to deny her that move for a whole stock!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So basically if you have a woodchip you can keep robs gyro, didds bannana, etc. In your pocket until you die.

Does this also work on pocketed projectiles that aren't items? Such as WFT header? It would be awesome to be able to deny her that move for a whole stock!
Only works with grabbable items as far as I can see

If you have header pocketed, pretty sure she can still use it xD

Tommy - S.N.

http://i.imgur.com/QAKFpPF.gif <--- DAZ ME :]]]
NNID
TheTommy10200
\:estatic:/ All the infinite possibilities \:estatic:/

Last edited:

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
You see the thing is, its a glitch. If Sakurai finds out about this then he'll most likely patch it out of the game. Dont get me wrong, its a COOL glitch to do on your friends, but I wouldnt do it in tourney because it would seem a little cheap. I like fair games soooo :/

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
You see the thing is, its a glitch. If Sakurai finds out about this then he'll most likely patch it out of the game. Dont get me wrong, its a COOL glitch to do on your friends, but I wouldnt do it in tourney because it would seem a little cheap. I like fair games soooo :/
Why's it cheap? Villager can just refresh anyways, this just skips the need to refresh. It also has fair limitations, such as only working with holdable items.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Well its just that its a glitch and if im going into tourney im going to try and win as fairly as possible. One of the reasons why I dislike sheik is because its almost like she has an unfair advantage against every character IN SOME WAY. Doesnt matter who it is lol. 20XX for sm4sh but with sheiks

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well its just that its a glitch and if im going into tourney im going to try and win as fairly as possible. One of the reasons why I dislike sheik is because its almost like she has an unfair advantage against every character IN SOME WAY. Doesnt matter who it is lol. 20XX for sm4sh but with sheiks
It's not an 'unfair' glitch like the pacman glitch with the trampoline trap-door, or the diddy ungrabbable glitch.

But if you don't wanna use it, suit youself. I for one, will make full use of this technique.

And if glitches are bad, we also shouldn't use DIRTBUS, but we DO.

Cuz it's good.

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
I actually went to Smash Conference yesterday and utilized the glitch while playing a Diddy. The Diddy shot peanuts at me to bait me to pocket the peanuts instead of his banana that he was holding. So I pocketed a peanut just so he'd throw the banana at my shield while trying to bait me into dropping my shield which i responded to with a sh nair Oos. Then i just switched the peanut in my pocket with the banana I was holding and afterwards I performed the glitch. He actually thought the Wii U was rigged for a moment, but I didn't tell him about the glitch just because I want it to be a secret for now.
(http://gatorgaming.challonge.com/SC46S I was actually playing as BigBry so I wouldn't be confused with Ryo AKA Tommy. I didn't do all that great, no johns though. But Delfino...

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
13th is pretty darn good~

And lool there we have it, first use of the glitch in tournament xD

Did you win?

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
13th is pretty darn good~

And lool there we have it, first use of the glitch in tournament xD

Did you win?
Yeah against the Diddy, but I lost to a Ganon on Delfino because when he spikes you in the water that's game. If only Villager had Three Turnips all the way.

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Only works with grabbable items as far as I can see

If you have header pocketed, pretty sure she can still use it xD
No, she can't.
Anyways, thanks for the AT! Really wished it worked on more but I cant complain p___p

Mtn64

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Mtnn64
3DS FC
4742-5103-9358
Honestly, if we weren't using moves because they were cheap , we wouldn't never do insta shield break with growth tree to axe off shield stub, and ever hit Fsmash off stage because they're cheap and lame. We also wouldn't be using DIRTBUS, ledge planking with customs, or in custom matches, taking control of villagers sapling with half watering.
I get its exaggeration; but it gets the point across. If I was in a tourney to win, winners finals, losers finals, or grands, I wouldn't sit there contemplating what I should and shouldn't do against the next Sheik, ZSS, or Diddy main because my character is cheap. Villager as a whole is "cheap."
If this came across rude, then try not to take it that way. Just trying to express that there are so many more stupid and "cheap" things in this game than villager being able to remove the pocket timer that he could repocket with in a second on 3 characters in the cast.

EDIT: woops, double post.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
No, she can't.
Anyways, thanks for the AT! Really wished it worked on more but I cant complain p___p
Now THIS is interesting :D Had no idea. haha.

Also, it still is super good vs Bowser Jr, Diddy and ROb :D So there's that~

Or you can also keep a timber piece with you till the ends of time, till you need it~

Do any projectiles jablock? cuz then you could keep that with you till you wanna jablock someone. Like megaman's metal blade..or...leaf shield?

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Now THIS is interesting :D Had no idea. haha.

Also, it still is super good vs Bowser Jr, Diddy and ROb :D So there's that~

Or you can also keep a timber piece with you till the ends of time, till you need it~

Do any projectiles jablock? cuz then you could keep that with you till you wanna jablock someone. Like megaman's metal blade..or...leaf shield?
I think :4sheik:'s useless pocketed grenade can jablock.

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
It doesnt affend me lol I main villager because I WANTED to get get into the competitive scene but at the time I didnt understand aerials. Villagers aerials are the same forward and backward. Also upward and downward. Keep in mind I was a filthy casual back then xD

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
that's silly to say, the entire metagame revolves around these mechanics. I'm sure someone said the same thing about doing an air dodge incorrectly to get a little bit of a slide effect, fast forward a few years later and people don't even walk in melee lol they just wavedash all over the place, looks like the glitchiest thing ever, some bird sliding backwards at you flashing 5 reflectors a second without moving his body or legs lol.
a better smash 4 reference would be Diddy Kong canceling his pop gun to zig zag all over the stage.
anyway my point is this IS how metagame studying works, and you can appreciate the tiny details a player has to actually pull off to do these reliably.
Darklink401 SICK find! gonna go try it out myself!

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
that's silly to say, the entire metagame revolves around these mechanics. I'm sure someone said the same thing about doing an air dodge incorrectly to get a little bit of a slide effect, fast forward a few years later and people don't even walk in melee lol they just wavedash all over the place, looks like the glitchiest thing ever, some bird sliding backwards at you flashing 5 reflectors a second without moving his body or legs lol.
a better smash 4 reference would be Diddy Kong canceling his pop gun to zig zag all over the stage.
anyway my point is this IS how metagame studying works, and you can appreciate the tiny details a player has to actually pull off to do these reliably.
Darklink401 SICK find! gonna go try it out myself!
Good luck :3

Moosseff

Smash Apprentice
Now that I think about it, this mechanic could be used in combination with woodchip lol I thought it would of had no use in tourney because you needed items like beam sword and such lol im stupid sometimes xD

Tommy - S.N.

NNID
TheTommy10200
Mister Eric just had this glitch done against him at 8:14, it's hilarious seeing him so confused.

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Mister Eric just had this glitch done against him at 8:14, it's hilarious seeing him so confused.
...what's the glitch?

VIlly pockets wood chip

He then almosts gets upaired, but jumps > unpockets woodchip, as he's falling, pockets it again

Am I missing something? xD

EDIT: Oh okay, the glitch is further down the video, I see now lol.

And I told him about it too!! lmao

Yo this is huge in the Diddy matchup. Hope this doesn't get patched out, but likely will
Well, my prediction is, they're almost done patching the game since we're getting close to the final big announcement (if not straight up the final announcement)
so if they don't catch it soon, it's stayin xD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This glitch is GIANT for Villager users, it means some of his matchups will be more on his favor

Top Bottom