• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Infinite Float?

M.K

Level 55
Alright, so IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, Kirby's main series allows Kirby to stay inflated as long as he wants, as long as he stays in the air, correct? Well, IF this was to be incorporated into Smash Bros., how would it affect Kirby's metagame and overall usefulness? I base the "cheapness" argument on the fact that Kirby would be uber easy to send flying.

Rakath

Smash Ace
Kirby's Infini-Float wasn't used in Crystal Shards (the next Kirby Game after "Super Smash Bros.") It'd make it too easy for him to recover... Even with his uber floaty ness in FFA he could just fly low until they get distracted.

Since it's not an HP game, but a Ring out, it'd be unfair beyond reason.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Well, while Kirby's inflated, he gets extremely slow in the air. This would be a disadvantage because he would be so easy to edgegyard and edgehog but it would also let him DI longer in the air. I don't think they would put that in because Kirby would stall for way too long while he's recovering.

iron blade

Smash Ace
Kirby did have the infinite float in Nightmare in Dreamland, but not in Crystal Shards. Kirby is extremely vulnerable while floating. Even if he did have the infinite float in Brawl, I don't see how there would be any advantage of using it. You'd just be a floating target waiting to get KOed.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
As already said, the infinite float would encourage stalling maneuvers. Kirby would also be able to do cheap air combos (get his opponent into the air, hit them with u-air until they fly into the background). Don't accuse me of hating Kirby please (see my icon)

kainsword

Smash Journeyman
This is a completely stupid thought.

Pyr0 already explained how infinite floating would make Kirby broken. Besides, in tournaments, if neither gets a KO, who wins is based on who has the least damage. Kirby could just start off with an attack, get a damage percentile lead and float off into an unreachable area of the sky and win the match by simply doing that.

There's no need for anyone else to even post here anymore.

Bluerockworld

Smash Apprentice
He dosen't need any more jumps than he already has. Kirby can recover from most knock offs, but since he can be flung far and fast, he gets ko'ed by an uppercut...

Kirby's Infini-Float wasn't used in Crystal Shards (the next Kirby Game after "Super Smash Bros.") It'd make it too easy for him to recover... Even with his uber floaty ness in FFA he could just fly low until they get distracted.

Since it's not an HP game, but a Ring out, it'd be unfair beyond reason.
Yeah but sakurai didn't make kirby and the crystal shards...

If kirby had infinite jumps then it'd be impossible to ko him until he's damaged enough to be hit the ends of the stage. It'd be annoying

Xenesis

Smash Journeyman
Kirby did have the infinite float in Nightmare in Dreamland, but not in Crystal Shards. Kirby is extremely vulnerable while floating. Even if he did have the infinite float in Brawl, I don't see how there would be any advantage of using it. You'd just be a floating target waiting to get KOed.
Nightmare in Dreamland was also a remake of the NES game, Kirby's Adventure.

That being said, Kirby retains the infini-float in both Amazing Mirror and Squeak Squad.

However, I can't see it being a good thing for Brawl.

STEREO_226

Smash Apprentice
it wouldnt be fair at all and u forgot about Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards he doesnt float as long as he wants there.
it just wouldnt be fair people would just use kirby online and try to be cute and funny if that happened. it would be a big mistake.

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
Haha, if Kirby could float endlessly, matches would take FOR-EV-ER and Kirby would be rather redonkulous. I could see it working if he could get knocked out of the stage's "hit box" so to speak rather easily.. but man, it would have to be like.. really low damage. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have a **** Kirby flying around nudging you to death? No thanks, I already have to deal with that crap with Jigglypuff. *...pound... pound...pound...drillkickSMASHDEATH*

rtmcs1017

Smash Cadet
Haha, if Kirby could float endlessly, matches would take FOR-EV-ER and Kirby would be rather redonkulous[sic]. I could see it working if he could get knocked out of the stage's boundaries rather easily.. but man, it would have to be like.. really low damage. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to have a **** Kirby flying around nudging you to death? No thanks, I already have to deal with that crap with Jigglypuff. *...pound... pound...pound...drillkickSMASHDEATH*

EDIT: Saw a spelling incorrection after I hit "submit".. d'oh!

R.Y.N.O

Smash Journeyman
Kirby would be THE MOST ANNOYING character ever. Besides, Kirby's air game has already been improved dramatically. He is faster and has more control. Unlimited flight would be a bad idea.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
i actually counted 6 jumps in the Kyoto vs. Tokyo movie. Dunno if Kirby being hit resulted in him being able to jump more, but check it out for urself. Cant post the link, but its on Youtube.

Top Bottom