• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indie Video Game

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Hi, I am creating an indie 3D fighting video game for the PC. It is still very early in the development process and we barely have a skeleton for the game. However, when finished, in terms of style, it will either be like Street Fighter, The Clash of Ninja series, or Brawl (Post down below what you think we should lean towards). Online play and support for system controllers will be included. We are hoping to make the roster quite large but reasonable. The reason I turn to this community is because it will have the element of adding your own custom characters like Mugen. We have plenty of coders but are short on people who are experienced in the model and animation world. Every few weeks, we will update the official roster with 1 exceptional custom character made by anyone. I turn to a passionate community in which I was a part of for quite some time and ask for help.

If even just a few people are interested in helping port models and animations please email me at: galacticgiraffegames@gmail.com and I will fill you in with all the details of what kind of models or animations we need.

If you're not interested in participating but have questions or suggestions please post a reply to this topic.

This game is being made without any money and will be completely free once it is playable. Thank you for reading this post and I hope you guys can help me out.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
My team and I are programming this in Java. It is a well known language and makes it easy for us to work. There are plenty of arguments about speed compared to C, but we believe that for a fighting game no such speed is required.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Impressive. Do you know when the game's release date will be? Are you still in the middle of programming the game?
The game is in the early to mid development stage. Fighting mechanics and much of the interface still need to be worked out. However, we are aiming for a mid to late January playable alpha release of the game. Are you interested in porting some models for us?

Top Bottom