• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Indie developer makes Pokémon Gold and Silver in 3D

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
http://www.polygon.com/2012/12/4/37...-silver-recreated-in-first-person-3d-by-indie

Not sure if people have seen this before, as it's apparently a few months old, but somebody showed me this today and I thought it was pretty awesome.

Basically, it's exactly what it sounds like: Gold and Silver in first-person 3D. It uses a lot of sprites -- in fact, it basically borrows sprites for everything and just converts them to 3D, but just the perspective change is pretty interesting.

It's not complete yet, but it is free, so it's worth checking out. There's a video in the article I linked to, plus a link to the download there as well.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I've been watching the development of the game on youtube. It does look interesting.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
That's really cool! I wish him luck finishing that up!

Top Bottom