• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important [Index] A Link to the Threads - LOOK HERE BEFORE CREATING A NEW THREAD!

Tristan's Rule

The Link of SoCal
Slippi.gg
RULE#492
hey man, thanks for adding me :) but i would really rather have my tag as Tristan's Rule, if that's an issue then there's no prob, but if you could do me that favor i'd be content, thanks!

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
I'd like to join the growing Link army too!

Skin: Blue, not sure how to make the Blue Link Smiley
NNID: Kidlink77
3DS FC: 2234 7140 8163
Alternates: :4shulk: and :4ganondorf:
Times available: In the late evening Pacific Time.
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX9votsK6IZ5OiPOUTUkk6w

I'll rep Link the best I can!
You can actually just copy and paste the image from my OT or you can go here to find all the alts for every character. :)

Last edited:

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I got 17th in Xanadu in oct, 4th at Udel vgtc, 5th at Bruh 2, I didn't make out of pools at KTAR XI because I had M2K and wizzrobe in my bracket. And I got 17th a xanadu last tuesday cuz I was sick, I should have got top 5 lol.

Also theres vids of my from KTAR XI, please critque
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9PXVublL0

Im pretty decent at most of the match ups if anybody has any questions

Last edited:

Ryu_Ken

Ace Adventurer and Truth Seeker
NNID
Sorastar9
3DS FC
4725-8061-1333
I got 17th in Xanadu in oct, 4th at Udel vgtc, 5th at Bruh 2, I didn't make out of pools at KTAR XI because I had M2K and wizzrobe in my bracket. And I got 17th a xanadu last tuesday cuz I was sick, I should have got top 5 lol.

Also theres vids of my from KTAR XI, please critque
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LE9PXVublL0

I pretty decent at most of the match ups if anybody has any questions
Hey! Welcome! That match against Napz was pretty hilarious. i saw your match against Wizzrobe. He frickin bodied you. Don't know what happened, but you should definitely work on your reads and the Sheik MU. Could've gotten at least one stock off of him. I got the feeling that the MU was pretty alien to you, so this is why i say this. if you want more critique or need a place to put your matches up, check out the video thread. You can also look at other matches (like mine) and learn some things here and there.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
I usually beat sheik in pretty much every game i play. I'm not as familiar with Sheik in smash 4 as i am with her in other games but i think i'm still comfortable in the match up. Wizzrobe is just a better player over all and is one of the best players in the country in all games, he drove with me to KTAR. He ended up getting third in melee and 17th in smash 4. I thought i would be able to be him because he had much more practice than i did the day before the tournament

@ link and ike lover link and ike lover , yeah i play online, add me and i'll play you when i get the chance

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
Q: Is Link easy for a ToonLink Main to pick up? Or his play style a lot different.

link and ike lover

Smash Lord
NNID
Thegodlink
I usually beat sheik in pretty much every game i play. I'm not as familiar with Sheik in smash 4 as i am with her in other games but i think i'm still comfortable in the match up. Wizzrobe is just a better player over all and is one of the best players in the country in all games, he drove with me to KTAR. He ended up getting third in melee and 17th in smash 4. I thought i would be able to be him because he had much more practice than i did the day before the tournament

@ link and ike lover link and ike lover , yeah i play online, add me and i'll play you when i get the chance
Cool

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
In my opinion
Q: Is Link easy for a ToonLink Main to pick up? Or his play style a lot different.
I'm not the most advanced player out there but I find it pretty easy to pick up Gay if I ever just get that bored.

Edit: I see that I didn't exactly answer your question though. I'm not ToonLink and I don't main Gay, but I assume that if it's easy for us to make the switch, it would be relatively easy for you too. You just might not like the switch due to some of the limits Link has in mobility compared to Gay. The power is there and pressure Link can lay down is pretty decent but just know that they do feel different and the gameplay does slow down some when going from Gay to Link. Thankfully, it's not as obvious as with Ganondorf and C.Falcon though. I'd say give it a shot and see for yourself.

Last edited:

Darches

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2105-9602-3489
Wow, forum won't let me quote till 10 posts. LAME.

"Any tips on defeating Classic on 9.0?"

1. Max your attack with equipment and use the Critical-Hitter Brawn Badge.
2. Use Power Bow.
3. ????
4. Profit! (Seriously)

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
Awesome thread! A couple changes for my information, though.

1. That number is actually my Brawl FC; I do not own a 3DS.
2. Skype is "Naroghin" but Skype hasn't been working for me lately so I'll have to check that out.
3. Location: Michigan
4. Late-night smashing only. 10pm EST is earliest I can do (can set up other times though if someone really wants to play me for some reason.
5. Always use DarkLink skin.
6. Alternate is Ganon.

More info coming later. I just ordered my own WiiU and copy of the game so it'll be a little bit before I have an NNID. It will most likely be "Naroghin" though.

Sabaku No Gaara

Smash Rookie
NNID
oOGaaraOo
Sign me up for the Link Network, thanks.
Gaara
NNID: oOGaaraOo
3DS: N/A

Game times: Random.Hit me up to let you know.
Claim to Fame: To be a well known link main.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Ok. Just added thedoctr and oOGaaraOo to the network.

Also updated Naroghin.

Last edited:

Zane the pure

Smash Ace
^I appreciate it man, but I've still gotta bust out of playing him like brawl Link.
:4marth: I adjusted my Marth the day I played the best buy demo and felt that not only was his crazy air pressure game nerfed, but range too. Now I play him as if I were a fencer, get in->strike quick->retreat.

:4link: As for Link, a lot of my deaths could've been prevented by the game actually reading my shield inputs (da :shaker: though), but you were definitely more prepared it seems, so GGs. I recognize it could have gone the opposite way had I been more proactive.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
My data...

Tag: MAGS
NNID: MagmarFire (note that there are two r's :p )
Region: Michigan
Skin: Fierce Deity
Secondaries: Shulk, Anna!Robin
Times: Evenings, usually, but people will mostly have to request times directly.
YouTube: www.youtube.com/MagmarFire

...You know, I wonder if an IRC would work for the purposes of matches. Just a thought.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Hey guys, I hate to make things harder on you all, but I moved the wifi section into its own thread called WiFight Club. I don't mind if you keep setting up fights here but I set up that thread to try and make a specific place just for that sort of thing. ;)

My data...

Tag: MAGS
NNID: MagmarFire (note that there are two r's :p )
Region: Michigan
Skin: Fierce Deity
Secondaries: Shulk, Anna!Robin
Times: Evenings, usually, but people will mostly have to request times directly.
YouTube: www.youtube.com/MagmarFire

...You know, I wonder if an IRC would work for the purposes of matches. Just a thought.
I'll update your stuff later, like when I get off work if not sooner. Sorry about the Magma/Magmar issue. I thought I was doing something wrong, but for some reason I wasn't seeing that mistake until you pointed it out. lol

Also, I think the IRC idea is pretty good. I'm not sure about setting it up though. I guess I'll just need to go look into it. What about that old Xat room?

Last edited:

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Just a heads up. I'm going on vacation starting today. I'll check in once in a while but this is not a priority for me while I'm gone so please keep that in mind if you need anything from me. (It just might have to wait a week or 3)

See you guys in a little while. :)

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
Is there a guide for links b-reversals? I can do it with ROBs top very easily, but I just can't get the timing for any of links B attacks. I didn't see a link to anything about this in the op O.o

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Is there a guide for links b-reversals? I can do it with ROBs top very easily, but I just can't get the timing for any of links B attacks. I didn't see a link to anything about this in the op O.o
To my knowledge there isn't anything on B reversals for Link in smash 4 yet. But to maybe help you out a little, here's an excerpt on the subject from the Brawl AT thread.
B-reversal
There are essentially two ways to perform this.
How to Perform 1: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Lightly tilt Backwards and Hit B.
How to Perform 2: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Tap Backwards (hit the joystick backwards then Instantly return it to neutral), then within half a second hit B.
Effect (for both) Jumping Forwards: Link will Jump Forwards, Turn around to face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Effect Jumping Backwards: Link will Jump Backwards, Turn around to face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Note: Jumping forwards is a decent way to shoot arrows back at your opponent while spacing. As for which method of performing to use, the first way has a chance of accidently throwing a Boomerang backwards if you tilt too much and shooting an arrow forwards if you don't tilt at all, but it's the fastest and best way. The second way has very little chance of stuffing up, but it takes too long. So I'd recommend practising/using the first way.
Stages: All

Last edited:

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the reply! I Don't think that's what I was talking about though. I could be using the wrong term there. It's more of a "bounce".
I see a lot of lucario players do it with their neutral b.

Zelkam

Resident Wizard
Switch FC
1068-8431-0431
Thanks for the reply! I Don't think that's what I was talking about though. I could be using the wrong term there. It's more of a "bounce".
I see a lot of lucario players do it with their neutral b.
Hmm...perhaps you're referring to wavebouncing?
Wavebounced Arrows
How to Perform: Jump Backwards or Forwards, Hit B then instantly Hit Backwards.
Effect (Jumping Forwards): Link will Jump Forwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Effect (Jumping Backwards): Link will Jump Backwards, Reverse his momentum and face the other way and shoot an arrow.
Note: This usually isn't very good for spacing. There are however some circumstances where this is very useful.
Stages: All

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
That information is a bit outdated. For starters I always used to use the wrong bloody names for things. (Of all people, I was the last person that should have made a dictionary XD, but no matter.) And second of all, the second variation of what I had called the 'B-reversal', actually just named a 'turn around special', is much stricter in smash 4 than it was in Brawl. You'll see that I said in that quote that you have like half a second, but in smash 4 you don't have anywhere near that much time.
Look up "Turn Around Special", "Special Reversal", and "Wavebounce" in the smash dictionary for the updated/official explanations (link below) at least until the Link boards has its own AT/Tech thread. Though I guess if you're desperate, there is another thread... it's just that you may not like where it is XD.

Last edited:

HyruleSmasher

Smash Cadet
:4miisword: Is anyone competing at this year apex and is there any top :4link: players i should look out for, im excited and i can't even go :joyful:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
:4miisword: Is anyone competing at this year apex and is there any top :4link: players i should look out for, im excited and i can't even go :joyful:
Lawz is going, and I'm willing to bet Kirin is as well. Not sure is BrimeZ is going or not.

CostLow

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2509-2293-9367
Hey Zelkam, could you maybe take the Gauntlet off of the Misc. threads list? I'm pretty sure that project has been abandoned. This thread is looking great btw. Thanks for taking this over.

Top Bottom