• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

In need of information

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I have a tournament coming up this saturday and I've only played Brawl once. I am in need of a character that is easy to learn and "cheap." I heard Wolf does considerably well in both categories. If everyone can throw in a couple bits of information (e.g. info about his aerials and ground attacks) about Wolf, that would be much appreciated.

The reason I'm not searching for his techniques is because I am very limited in time this week so I'm not able to browse through much.

P.S. I'm a competitive player.

HOHO420

Smash Apprentice
Wolf's aerials are pretty good, his fair, dair, nair are good. I dont use his uair very much, to me it jus looks awkward. If you wanna choose a good character, choose mario. I think he is the best charcter in the game, but thats my opinion. If you wanna use wolf, i would suggest to use his blaster a lot. Short hop n shoot. It can lead to sum nice combos. I recomend a ground base fighting style, all his ground moves are sick, especailly his ftilt and f-smash.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Wolf's aerials are pretty good, his fair, dair, nair are good. I dont use his uair very much, to me it jus looks awkward. If you wanna choose a good character, choose mario. I think he is the best charcter in the game, but thats my opinion. If you wanna use wolf, i would suggest to use his blaster a lot. Short hop n shoot. It can lead to sum nice combos. I recomend a ground base fighting style, all his ground moves are sick, especailly his ftilt and f-smash.
I would definitely not choose Mario. If you played with him at all in Melee, then you are probably going to pull out that stupid water gun out of habit, looking for his Mario Tornado move. I'd say just use your main in Melee.

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
If your new to wolf your going to screw on his recovery, metaknight is easier to learn.

Anyways, use his laser if your at a distance and his bair to get people not too far off the stage. You should short hop fair, if you time it right it will cancel lag. Another thing to know is that his fsmash will go through shields if he is right next to your opponent. My last tip is that his reflector has some invincibility(sp?) frames at the start.

§witch

Smash Lord
If by "cheap" you mean strong and easy to play as first then yes. Wolf is ant easy character to play as first, but an extremely difficult one to master.

EarthHero

Smash Apprentice
Well Wolf is not a starter character and is one of the hardest to learn. Mostly because of his recoveries. He has an extremely fast D smash and a spammed F smash will really pressure your opponent. As mentioned before, his Reflector has invincibility frames, similar to a spot dodge. He has a great meteor smash (Dair) and all his moves come out fast. Oh, and DON'T SPAM YOUR LASER!!! It is not that good. Travels slow and has slight knockback. Just use it upon approaching or chasing. It is too easy to dodge if your opponent sees it coming. If you want more info, PM me and we'll talk.

Twilightwolf

Smash Cadet
Use your main or Ike, Meta Knight, or Pit.

Wolf is very hard to learn (unless you can edgeguard PERFECTLY and use Wolf's Bair PERFECTLY) for the reasons above. Those who say that he is "cheap" and "noobish" are sore that a master Wolf beat the s*** out of them.

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
I finally got an opportunity to check this thread again.

What is difficult about his recovery?

If you can, please compare Wolf's aerials and ground attacks to other characters.
Example: Wolf's dair is very similar to Fox's dair except that........

His F-smash can go through shields? That's nice to hear.

I tried playing with Mario once and I killed myself trying to use down-b for a recovery.

How's his jab?

What is his best (generally) edge-guarding move?

Can he combo well with his grab?

Thanks for the information so far.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The main difficulty about Wolf's recovery is if he's below the stage. Also, if Wolf uses his third jump vertically, he better grab hold of a ledge or else he's gonna fall to his doom. An alternate move to use for recovery is the Wolf Flash.

Browny

Smash Hater
at OP

refer to your sig

fsmash like crazy against enemies that get up in your face. its not a killing move (doesnt kill until about 130%) but is impossible to shield grab out of and is free damage every chance you get. other than that, camp with your blaster as much as possible until they get close, then initiate the fsmash spam. For kill moves, stick to his dsmash and upsmash. his aerials are inferior to his ground game. His up-b can also be directed along the stage in place of fsmash spam, although does make you vulnerable.

yes those techniques are incredibly cheap and nooby, but they do work.

oh yeah also, try to stick to his side-b as a recovery. his up-b as a recovery really is that bad :/

§witch

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say his airiels are bad at all. His bair is amazing. As is his his fair if you short hop it to cancel landing lag. His fair is a good approach as is his bair.

Top Bottom